The Climb X site is up, check out their prices

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Short version, Joe Garland left Mad Rock and started a new firm called ClimbX, co-inciding with Mad Rock, whom he was with no more, moving production from China to Vietnam. blah blah, lots more of course.

Long version, don't fall asleep reading the whole thing, which of course may have many inaccuracies:

http://www.rockclimbing.com/cgi-bin/forum/gforum.cgi?post=2312424;#2312424

http://climbxgear.com/supertechscrew.aspx

Best locking biners I've ever been able to climb on.

Really? at 56 grams? I see they have a keylock nose, which isn't a big deal to me, and they're well priced, but why are they the best?

Maybe I should phrase it thusly, "Why are they better than Trango superlights which are shockingly lighter at only 41 grams and can be utilized in lots of places where a light weight unlocked carabiner would normally be utilized.

And why are they better than the DMM Sentinel HMS which (like the Superfly) weights less at 54 grams and has a larger gate opening (nice for walls and multiple party clusterfriggages). Most importantly when your buddy drops his only belay device from 12 pitches up, can be used for rapping and belaying with a Munter Hitch? "

http://climbxgear.com/supertechscrew.aspx

Best locking biners I've ever been able to climb on.

Really? at 56 grams? I see they have a keylock nose, which isn't a big deal to me, and they're well priced, but why are they the best?

Maybe I should phrase it thusly, "Why are they better than Trango superlights which are shockingly lighter at only 41 grams and can be utilized in lots of places where a light weight unlocked carabiner would normally be utilized.

And why are they better than the DMM Sentinel HMS which (like the Superfly) weights less at 54 grams and has a larger gate opening (nice for walls and multiple party clusterfriggages). Most importantly when your buddy drops his only belay device from 12 pitches up, can be used for rapping and belaying with a Munter Hitch? "

Perhaps you mean trango superfly?

Perhaps you mean trango superfly?

[shame] :blush: yes, I do: the lips were flappin' fast and furious....Superlight sounds correct as well. thanks

I do like having the best these day's to compensate for age and physical weakness. I like the combo of DMM and Trango noted above, but I really do want to know why you feel these are the best?