Dane

solo info  

150 members have voted

1. 1. solo info

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have been applying for solo permit every year for some time now, never had any problems. Typical turn around time is less than a week. I email the same form each year with minor updates like date, and chosen routes.

A few years ago you had to receive a formal letter (via email), but now you just get a quick confirmation email, you print it and you are good to go. It seems like park doesn't want to refuse a permit, they just want to make sure that you know what you are against. Since they will be helping you in case of the emergency, I think this is reasonable for them to make sure that people are aware about dangers.

Thanks for your efforts on this topic Dane.

I have applied once for a solo permit, about 6 or 7 years ago. It was actually approved in a timely fashion. Never did it though...

I am considering a "fly under the radar" ascent this year. Government bureaucracy bothers me.

Not exactly a solo

but I always unrope when not on a glacier and not putting in pro. Liberty Ridge is a good example; rope for the carbon, Liberty Cap to the Summit and the descent.
smart