WTB: Yellow TCU or Mastercam

rocketparrotlet

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I have an old yellow Metolius TCU. $20. But it's got the original sling - the one without the black stripe - so I'd recommend getting it reslung. On the hardware side, this unit has the smooth cam lobes and the center lobe is the same width as the outer ones. Like I said, old. But never held more than toprope loads in all that time. For $25 I have the same vintage Metolius 4 cam unit. Very, very little use. Like new really, notwithstanding its age.

I have an old yellow Metolius TCU. $20. But it's got the original sling - the one without the black stripe - so I'd recommend getting it reslung. On the hardware side, this unit has the smooth cam lobes and the center lobe is the same width as the outer ones. Like I said, old. But never held more than toprope loads in all that time. For $25 I have the same vintage Metolius 4 cam unit. Very, very little use. Like new really, notwithstanding its age.

Pics? Trigger action? And most importantly, would you take a lead fall on it?

I have an old yellow Metolius TCU. $20. But it's got the original sling - the one without the black stripe - so I'd recommend getting it reslung. ...

Hold on...black stripe? Can you edumacate me? I loves me the yellow TCU's, but this is new info. $20 is a great price, which is why used TCUS rule! PS, Ivan has done things to a TCU which should not be discussed publicly...dark, crazy, debilitating things.......I saw his yellow one once and I was so saddened. Wish I'd taken a picture, people who weight 250 +lbs shouldn't be aid climbing long routes, but especially on hot days. It's not natural I think. I looked at that and thought, what has he done to my poor yellow. Then I learned that my beauty which I had gladly volunteered had been clipped to his left side to be carried only for emergency, and that the yellow in my hand as I followed that pitch was .....(wait for it)....gratefully....his. Big props to the man for that too, as next to the yellow was some offset aliens being treated equally well.

Whats the story with the sling?