North Sister Avy

jlag

Working on trying to get a photo up. Massive avy on the Villard(NE aspect) side of North Sister today. One of the biggest crowns i've ever seen on that beauty. A good 3-5ft crown running all the way across the entire face. Easy to see from HWY 97 over 20 miles away.

anybody got a photo?

JL

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Look to me like a smaller slide from above may have started the large slab release below? Cool photo.

The point release was after the main fracture as the debris can be seen covering the bed of the main fracture. That said the small slab to the right of the point release and above the main fracture could have been the principle trigger.

Amazing to see it rip wall to wall.

I suspect we'll be seeing several more of these on Sunday, with the forecast and all...

Hey guys I just moved here and I have some other friends that I've like scheduled this climb with and stuff and since they are coming from so far away I was wondering if maybe like you guys could just like tell me it's OK to go out this weekend? Please don't give me any reality I just wanna hear you say it's all good.

We'll be real safe and take a rope and stuff and I just got a brand new GPS which I can use if we get in trouble or anything. Right?

Cheers!

Look to me like a smaller slide from above may have started the large slab release below? Cool photo.

The point release was after the main fracture as the debris can be seen covering the bed of the main fracture. That said the small slab to the right of the point release and above the main fracture could have been the principle trigger.

Amazing to see it rip wall to wall.

Yup, I think you're correct; didn't see that the debris from above was fresher than the main slide.

I was heading up that direction just before this slide with a couple of my dogs to go ski around and one of them tore a claw and started bleeding everywhere so I had to abort. I was pissed at the time, but now it seems it may have been a blessing in disguise. Everything happens for a reason I guess.