Rope found in Index?

Nwdiver

Well what do you know, a rope was left at Index and my buddy walked right by it and thought it was Terry or Jeff's. They were the last to leave the lower wall on Sunday but they probably thought the same as us. Call Terry at Feathered Friends and ask her if they took it for booty. Too bad I can't be as dishonest as everyone.

------------------

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

who was dishonest? confused.gif it even sounds like that the people who bootyed old boys rope were not even dishonest!? apprently someone cannot read context very well?! thats okay, cause i cannot do calculus very well either!?

once again people from seattle have an unneccessary attitude! mad.gif

All right silly mofos I take 4 days of ffrom posting to work (no... a climbing project) and a flaming controversy erupts behind my back?

It seems you have forgotten the CARVED IN STONE PRINCIPLES OF BOOTY which is that

"When Gear Is Abandoned It Becomes The Property Of Whomsoever Finds It And Successfully Removes It".

If I leave a rope fixed to my high point on a wall - it is not abandoned. I can and will return for it.You take it, you steal it.

If I leave a rope stuck on rappel because I am unable to dislodge it - it becomes abandoned when I give up retrieval efforts. It belongs to whoever is able to successfully retrieve it. You take it, it's yours.

If I leave a rope sitting in the parking lot and drive away- (and I have left even stupider things behind) - then technically it is abandoned. I should have NO EXPECTATION I will ever see it again. If someone takes pity on poor forgetful me and gives it back they earn a big reward from me (NOT JUST ONE BEER!!!!!). But if they keep the rope - I learn my lesson the hard way. I won't forget that rope next time.

In the last case it is the DECISION OF THE FINDER whether to keep or return the rope. Because it is THEIR PROPERTY when they find it. Just like when you find beer bottlesin the dumpster they become your property and you get to keep the deposit money...! You don't give that money back to whoever bought the beer and say "Here this is yours!"

I dont think anyone sees it as a requirement that found gear it returned. It is just a nice thing to do. I would not go a long ways out of my way but I would make an effort.

In the case of my friends rope, someone with that same thought grabbed it. They left a note in case someone returned.

Although, what semi-intelligent climber would use a dirty rope found in a gravel parking lot.

Hey, that was mine! I can even identify it - it has an eagle on one side, and a president's head on the other.

Actually I am just waiting for Erik to announce that he lost his virginity in the parking lot and ask anyone who found it to return it... tongue.gif

i still waiting for the u.s. to set up an socialized system of prostution, much like in the one in vancouver! dru, i heard that your family has a monoply on it. maybe you can come down here and spread your wealth of knowledge on the ins and outs of the s.t.d.s.

tongue.gif lick..lick..lick it only takes three licks to get the center of canadain! god save dru the queen!

Erik, I understand you may not want your virginity back if someone else bootied it and has been using it all this time, like maybe for hoisting their engine block shocked.gif

My family is NOT involved in prostitution rackets. We are too busy with fixing elections and hydroponic cultivation. When I say "Crack ho!" it's because I've seen an unclimbed crack at Squamish. I'm not specifically describing you tongue.gif

yeah i heard that you were an offwidth specalist! i've never really liked pulling myself into the those dark, smelly, slimey canadain chimmenys. who knows what canadian hard man gto the 1st ascent. let alone if he even used any style to mount the project!

thank allah for big bro's for the canuck hoe's. and by the way my sister is the crack ho! i personally like fishing! if it smells good eat it! grin.gif

gas worx district seems to have the dirtest!? confused.gif

Free rope in a parking lot? HMMMMM. I think I would rather have one of my roids lanced by a blind doctor in a third world nation than climb on that "free" rope. And what is all this hippy karma shit about when, where and how often we should seek out the owner?

I've lost hundreds of $ worth of gear on epics when forced off a wall. The only thing we cared about was to make it down. New gear is cheap compared to taking a screamer when that knotted runner blows out!

As for booty, you better only be using it for aid unless you put an X factor on every climb you use it on.

Well, when I came down at the end of the day and found the rope sitting on the rock, I never imagined it would cause this much "discussion". I left a note on the rock and continued my climbing trip. I haven't had any access to the internet for several days and only learned about this whole fiasco when the owner called me and we made arrangements to get his rope back to him.