Team Gander Mountain--Denali

Backcountry

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sorry Dru, it's not the Canuck version...

piste (pst)

n. Sports

A ski trail densely packed with snow.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[French from Italian pista, from obsolete pistare, to trample down, variant of pestare; see piston.]

Oh dear, backcountry, your knowledge of Canuck slang is lacking. Saying one is Pissed is actually the type of genteel expression that old ladies mumble over their gin & tonics. The more manly expression is "Fucking Hammered!" wink.gif

Oh - maybe you didn't understand that I was making a pun confused.gif or you though that it would be funny to imply you didn't confused.gif But thanks for the derivation of the term! I will right a letter to the Editors of "Off Piste" magazine informing them of your discovery and telling them I must have been off-piste when I ordered a subscription grin.gif

Or is it Piste-Off magazine...yep I gnu what pissed meant...

However, as the Team Gander Mountain R&D Director, I must have accountability and responsibility to hold myself in higher regards and not allow myself to stoop to the level of slang vernacular.

We expect to have a report from our expedition by 4:00 PM tommorrow, stay tuned.