TEAM HARSH REALM

scottclimbs

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

SORRY...did not know I posted three times! I do spend more time climbing then I do on a computer so i guess I am a little slow...I will learn though...CHEERS! Angela is a hottie indeed and a 5.11 climber! She has summited Baker/Shuksan/Stuart/Prusik.blah..blah...blah

Thanks for the replys!

www.ultrasupercool.com

will tell you about our climb on Denali this season! Just wanna chat with others that may be heading out soon. I am also an avid rock/ice/snow/alpine/aid climber here in the N.W. with many years exp. and lots of beta for those that give a dam. Done all the big routes here in the N.W. and also big walls of Yosemite! Need beta?

WOW! You really are something! I don't think that even Fred Beckey, Jim Nelson, and Pete Doorish have done ALL the BIG climbs of the NW - COMBINED! I bet you have done some of the big aid climbs of Yosemite - like Reeds Pinnacle Direct! And now you are heading to Alaska. Is this going to be a BIG FIRST ASCENT or something? I thought the West Butt was a trudge, certainley not NEWSWORTHY. I sure am looking forward to your daily webcasts! You must be professionally succesfull also, because why else would you need sponsership for a trip that could cost SEVERAL HUNDRED DOLLARS! Having to pay for an extra seat for your ego must be a real bitch! What do you think Angela will be doing while you are gone?

Crazyjz,

Dude that was a little harsh. Everything is relative. He has a right to be proud of whatever he does. If he wants to put up a website that's also his right. I'm sure you have never told anyone of your accomplishments in any way. I bet you're one of these silent hardmen who never ever toots your horn. This form and level of ridicule should best be left in high school don't ya think?

Jim

PS if you're still in high school disregard :-)

[This message has been edited by jblakley (edited 04-28-2001).]

I can only hope that crazyjz never gets a job with the State Department. Yes you have a right to post whatever you want on the internet, but after you post you should be ready to deal with others negative opinions.

In Scott's case his web site seems to be a temple to himself. The West Butt gets climbed hundereds of times a year. I for one am not impressed, and I wish Scott would have a better sense of shame. Unless he has some new angle on the ascent of the West Butt a good editor or publisher would tell him to scrap his web site.

I hope Scott has a successful and fun ascent, but I hope he can learn a sense of proportion.

jim,

crazyjz has done a number of climbs that are more impressive than those found on Scott's web site. Sure he brags to his friends, but he has yet to set up a web page devoted to himself.

I think I have met this Scott fellow and his chick Angela. They were aiding City Park to set a toprope on Godzilla because they were not strong enough to lead it. As they were aiding City Park, they yelled down that they had dibs on Godzilla. (Not fair in my book). Meanwhile we had to wait for them to aid and clean City Park, set a rope on Godzillia and give all three of the group a couple of burns on Godzilla.

Angella, the '5.11 climber' could not get off the ground on it. (He did say she was a 5.11 climber, not a 5.9 climber)

They entire time these jokers were talking loudly about all the routes in Yosemite they had done. This incident stands out in my mind because I have never before or since met anyone who had 'claimed' a popular route while still in the middle of climbing another one. This egotistical SOB deserves all the shit he has coming to him.

Anglea was a real piece of work too.

[This message has been edited by danielpatricksmith (edited 04-30-2001).]

[This message has been edited by danielpatricksmith (edited 04-30-2001).]

I actually thought his post was a joke, I had to reread it twice. Then I visited the website and realized that he was serious.

I can see making a website like that for yourself if it was for your family to enjoy, and perhaps some non-climbing friends, but to grandstand into a public climbing forum spraying his climbing resume and soliciting people to ask HIM for beta is just begging to be flamed.

It's true, and sad (the website, ect.) I hope he knows enough to leave the laptop and all the other crap at home and concentrate on what matters. Who knows Denali might decide to show him some of its "Harsh Realm" and this may humble him a bit!

[This message has been edited by dane (edited 04-30-2001).]

Perhaps I was too easy on Harsh Realms dude and too hard on crazyjz. It sounds like this guy is in need of at least a little contructive peer ridicule. For his benefit and those around him I hope he is climbing for reasons other than to enhance his image. Sorry if I was a bit of a prick crazyjz.

Humbly,

Jim

h.g.a.s.

i like the fact that he never gives route names or anything like that. for someones climbing resume' it seems kinda hollow. i guess he can just join the club for all of us that have made the similar accomplishments or felt big about our first aid solo of city park.

and dan, when the first part of godzilla is wet it is scary. i would do the same rolleyes.gif

for anyone who wants the beta, i just completed the second and third ascent of yourmomdirect on the middle pillar of hot air spire, located in the one man ego master range.

cheers

E-dog,

We'll link up and get a slide show going for your next epedition. That way you can sponsor your trip. Where did you say it was? Mt.Superelevation via the N.Face IAMYUPPYSKUM ROUTE in winter with your laptop and cellphone so you can call in a quick rescue. Let us know so you can spray to the world.

[This message has been edited by Cpt.Caveman (edited 05-01-2001).]

Is Mt. Superelevation anywhere near the Middle Pongo Tower and the Shmeeb? I hear the Howling Existential Angst (*) route on the Shmeeb has some good ice.

*First ascent by "Roger, Hyperconshuss Master of the Extreem" as documented by T. Knight.

• 3 weeks later...

This guys spray is nada compared to this kayaker dork I ran into on Sunday in Leavenworthless called "TAO BERMAN". The place was crawling with creepy paddler people worshipping the WeSnaTChee.

Supposedly this cat holds world record this and world record that, but man what a self absorbed chest beater. http://www.alpineedge.com/kayaks/tao.html

I thought at first his trophy girlfriend was checking me out (probably was I might add smile.gif), but after seeing his highly adorned and self righteous ride outside the cafe (read: had his name painted loudly on the side along with 25 sponsors) I realized she was looking to see if we were ogling and idolizing her scrawny man. I sense that in their world there is no higher power of outdoor enthusiast than the paddler. Bow down paddlers to the God of gravity I say and lead Brass Balls. Hell I've jumped 90 feet into the water without a kayak. It was a killer enema!

I chewed my fat dripping sausage in amused disgust as sliceage ordered a tofu wrap divided in half with his woman. How sweet...Barf!

I've met some of the best and the worst climbers in the world and never heard spray of this magnitude. It was enlightening/frightening to say the least. Sheeesh!

Keep it humble, make it proud!

Looks like you are right eh! Super Chest Beater shocked.gif

Quote from his interview:

Tao Berman:

I don’t fear pain. Being injured makes me appreciate the times when I’m not. The worst part of being hurt is the time that it takes to heal.

End Quote.

I think those Russians with the silly home made rafts and balls of steel would make him look like a sissy tongue.gif

-CPT