skiing at cascade pass?

gregm

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Don't know about the arm, you'll get a couple hunert vert on the glacial patch- maybe better bet would be Eldorado snow if you're going to Cascade Pass.

plenty of snow on Fortress Mountain last weekend for maybe 1000 vert 5 mile carry in

It's quite bare up there. The Eldorado glacier looks like it did last October. I doubt there's snow anywhere on Sahale Arm, other than the little glacier near the top (that has big ice pathces on it though). Quite a different story from two years ago - I recall getting a continuous ski run from the pass down to the parking lot at the end of July. There's nothing left now though.

The bugs are *horrible*!

i chickened out on the big dirt hike, partly because i had some food poisioning the day before and ended up climbing the south butt of cutthroat without eating anything. bill will have to find another partner for his ski-every-month thing.

hey pencil pusher, too bad i don't have a smiley gif with humvee mounted stinger missles...

bongsmi.gif

I'm going skiing outside of Leavenworth on Saturday, probably bive high and come back down to scope the bouldering at bridge creek sunday, free pool at the Post Office Tavern in Lworth after six on Sundays if anyone wants to go- 1000 ft yo yos 5mi carry in