just some guy

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Incidentally I think "THE BATTLE CAGE" should be an IRC session which leaves no residue like this unless a person downloads the text to their PC. Can you guys configure IRC on your machine? Do you need help if you do? I have wrote eggdrop bots in the past which partially monitor the room.

[This message has been edited by whillans (edited 04-13-2001).]

Spray is here to stay. Censorship should not be tolerated here unless the powers that be say so. OR I PROPOSE....a more democratic solution.

Issue: Should Spray stay or go? What method to decide?

1. It passes by an overwhelming margin in either

A.} A select group of voters with a vested interest in the outcome. Kind of a dot org versus a dot net mentality so to speak.

B.}A "popular" (registered user) digital vote easily culled from a CGI and a formpage.

Seems logical to me. Any other last words?

Hey, don't forget that kids are reading this. You are setting the example for the future, so don't currupt it, save the profanity for your boss.

I think what this guy is complaining about is a perfect example of the "Not in my back yard" syndrome.

Yet he fails to recognize that unless he is decendent of the Native Americans, he himself is part of the problem. Regardless of how long he has lived and climbed here.

His is the attitude I speak of in my post on The Future. This veiw condems our future. Since its only going to get worse, we might as well just quit climbing while we are ahead.

Is this the attitude that we want to pass on to the next generation of climbers? That they need to defend their territory from outsiders? How will that help climbing remain a positive and progressive endeavor?

There are too many people everywhere buddy. It's a fact of life in this day and age, so get over it. What is the point of complaining and pushing your negative attitude. Where does that get us?

One last point.

I don't think this spray category is just a bunch of bullshit. Just cause the forum is online instead of in Camp 4 doen't make it worthless. It improves the situation by making the veiws of members of the climbing communtiy available to all, not just a small group of the eliete.

Did you really expect,or hope, that no one would respond to your post? If so, wake up, open your eyes and see that your own ego is the cause of your narrow mindedness. What are you doing about the rivers? Do you make it rain?-matt

Joy to the world and all that hippy stuff. Krush the Telepukies. Dog, old Tinky might wanna make a move on you bro. Who knows maybe you are into that though. I prefer Blues Clues myself and not Steve either.

[This message has been edited by rayborbon (edited 04-13-2001).]

• 11 years later...