SteveM

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The Forest Service says NO...

May 18, 2010

For current weather updates go to www.wrh.noaa.gov or contact the Hood River Ranger District (541) 352-6002.

ROAD 13 to Lost lake OPEN

Access to Clear Lake OPEN

ROAD 1700 Now passable from Hwy. 35 to the junction of 44 & 17 4X4 REQUIRED

ROAD 44 OPEN

ROAD 43 OPEN

ROAD 48 STILL CLOSED DUE TO SNOW

CLOUD CAP ROAD RD #3512 :Packed snow and ice, not recomended for vehicle travel. Please stay on road or Tilly Jane trail #643. Absolutely no off-trail or off-road use allowed in the burn area.

Edited by Frikadeller

i believe it is 4 miles from the cooper spur stone shelter to the cooper spur snow park via Tilly Jane trail--3 miles to the Tilly Jane Cabins.

As of 1 month ago there was no skiing to be had for the first 2 miles. Since the weather has been all over the place in the past month, I'd guess its about the same or less snow, if anything. Quite rainy lately..

Having driven to cloud cap and hiked from the snow park, going from the snow park isn't bad.

The Hood River Ranger District office just told me the gate on the CC road is currently closed and locked. The gate is adjacent to the Tilly Jane Trail head and leads up to Cooper Spur. If you head up the TJ trail expect to need skis or slowshoes. Elevation gain is about 2,000', the trail is 2.5 miles in length. Alternatively you can take the scenic route up the 9.3 mile road or the old wagon road trail, if you can find it.

That said, the FS is expecting to open the CC road around the end of June, conditions permitting.

The Hood River Ranger District office just told me the gate on the CC road is currently closed and locked. The gate is adjacent to the Tilly Jane Trail head and leads up to Cooper Spur. If you head up the TJ trail expect to need skis or slowshoes. Elevation gain is about 2,000', the trail is 2.5 miles in length. Alternatively you can take the scenic route up the 9.3 mile road or the old wagon road trail, if you can find it.

That said, the FS is expecting to open the CC road around the end of June, conditions permitting.

cool. we were thinking the Elliot Glacier might be a fun go this weekend. Also considering Jefferson.