Bivy for a tall guy

carlhulit

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

as long as your not wide like me you shouldn't have an issue. I have a feather friends long nano swallow and I fit the longs fine at 6'4" 240 but i had to learn not to roll as i dont want to pay for a custom bivy.

6'5"er and I have the long or XL BD hooped bivy, plenty of room for me and some gear at my feet, absolutely bomber, kept me dry in downpour and warm at 4F, only issue is the bulkiness, but I still cram it in my pack most of the time just in case

• 2 weeks later...

just got a roll of tyvek n' cut to fit :)

seriously, elaborate bivy bags are retarded - ultra-minamilist is best - i have some sort of basic marmot thing - it's water-proof no matter what and if it's pouring out, the best bet no matter what you have, if yer so fawked as to only have a bivy, is simply to get pissed n' pass out.

simple bivy bags are nice b/c you can carry them along in winter in addition to a tent, especially if you have an also recommended light sleeping bag, given the moderate nature of our ragged-ass hillz