What shoes would you choose

ilookeddown

I am looking for advice for climbing shoes. After recovering from surgery on both my shoulders I am finally back to cracking into the 11’s again and hoping to climb harder. I am currently climbing in Mythos but feel like I need a bit more. I also have a pair of Testarossas I had before my surgeries but now they just kill my feet. I guess I am interested in something in-between these shoes. I know there are many variables depending on the type of climbing so please give me your recommendations on the best shoe for face climbing and best for cracks. I feel like I could wear my Mythos all day so I plan just use those as my all day multi-pitch shoe.

Thanks

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I've sported Sportiva miuras for about two years now. They're great for hard sport and small cracks. Slab, not so much... I can't get over how well it forces pressure on such a small point and won't let it go. Break in period is a bit of a downer, but to put it simply. I can wear mine all day now w/o a prob (long hard alpine trad). That initial first few runs are going to hurt (don't they always anyways?). In the end you'll be more than grateful for purchasing these kicks. If they fit you're feet properly. If you'r already sporting the Sportivas I doubt you'll have a problem getting into Muiras. Congrats on getting back in after such a painful accident. cheers to you and your new shoes