End the Beacon Rock Peregrine Closure!!!

JosephH

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Look, you are under the mistaken impression I give a rats ass at this point or am interested in climbing or socializing with this crew. It's a lame social club of pathetic whining and imaginary 'bad boys' largely divorced from actual climbing these days. OH MY GOD WE ARE SO OPPRESSED!!! But are a single one of you prepared to do anything real about it? It's nothing more than a smack-talking, neo-nostalgic, feel-good circle jerk behind a rock when it comes to any aspect of interacting with the policies, agencies and people who manage Beacon. When you get right down to it the number one priority is clearly whining, not climbing.

Having endured abuse and direct lying from rangers more times than not...

Easy to say, and sounds great, but do tell (any of you) - detail a single incident of 'abuse' or being lied to by a BRSP ranger (Steve, Heather, Erik, John, Vivian, or Ben - name'em).

Having endured abuse and direct lying from rangers more times than not...

Easy to say, and sounds great, but do tell (any of you) - detail a single incident of 'abuse' or being lied to by a BRSP ranger (Steve, Heather, Erik, John, Vivian, or Ben - name'em).

moof meant rangers n' authority figures in general, not at beacon

not talking to or trusting cops (or really anyone w/ a gun n' a strong desire to have the world their way) is pretty much mothers milk wisdom :)

But we are talking Beacon and those individuals are Beacon from a practical law and policy standpoint - all "the man", "tools", "them vs. us" talk is some real great, easy-rider, feel-good stuff, but doesn't do climbers at Beacon any good at all in the long run.

The very idea that you are going to somehow approach these various folks to make 'demands' or get what 'we want' with no relationship, no mutual respect, and just smack talking them [behind their backs] is the height of ignorance and stupidity.

But then I forget, the first rule WhineClub is that 'talking with the man' or trying to objectively sort out actual facts makes you a 'tool' and god knows none of you can risk that. So how do you present and discuss your demands to agency personnel without getting 'tainted' or becoming a 'tool'? Email? Good luck with that shit boys.

Still waiting Joe :)

Joe do you have copies of the WA F&W Peregrine Falcon Management Plan and/or the current Climbing Management Plan that you would be willing to post up? Also who is and how do you get a hold of the Climbing Advisory Committee that will be working with Eric?

I do have a copy of a number of materials I need to scan and post up on the website I'm posting the monitoring to. Too slammed right now, but will be getting to it over the next month or so.

The Climbing Advisory Committee isn't currently formed or active - who will be on it when it gets reconstituted is THE $64k question folks should be concerned about.

Look, you are under the mistaken impression I give a rats ass at this point or am interested in climbing or socializing with this crew. It's a lame social club of pathetic whining and imaginary 'bad boys' largely divorced from actual climbing these days. OH MY GOD WE ARE SO OPPRESSED!!! But are a single one of you prepared to do anything real about it? It's nothing more than a smack-talking, neo-nostalgic, feel-good circle jerk behind a rock when it comes to any aspect of interacting with the policies, agencies and people who manage Beacon. When you get right down to it the number one priority is clearly whining, not climbing.

so joseph , if u could put together a super group of joe homo group of rock climbers together at beacon. who would it be??? obviously everyone at beacon is lame, RIGHT???? what's ur idea of the stone masters that u would like to stand behind u and your ideas???

let's put them into two different groups:

GROUP A: Beacon Rock Climbers Old and New????

GROUP B: Any Climber You May Choose to Fly Your Freak Fucking Flag???

you may choose five in group A, and 10 in group B.

I think Joseph that your negativity has done more to generate animosity towards Beacon Rock policies then the policies themselves, and it does not become you nor does it benefit the Park or the climbers. You act like a Ranger towards the climbers, and a climber to the rangers, when in fact you are neither.