N. sister, pole creek trailhead beta?

akf

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was up there last week, above treeline but not climbing. The road is open all the way, and there is snow about 1/2 to 3/4 mile up the trail. Slowshoes might be nice... but that is your call- we had 'em. Make sure to hit some cold temps as last weekend the mountain was looking rather warm and there were a number of small sluff slides coming down. I can find a pic or two if you ask nicely.

NOAA is saying it should be a nice weekend in the sisters range. I am considering attempting a ski traverse this weekend. Does anyone know how much snow has dropped there recently? I am thinking of starting with North and Middle Sister because I have already done South Sister. Any ideas or advice is appreciated. If anyone wants to come with, you are more than welcome. I am budgeting Fri-Sun for the trip. I read some trip reports and other info on the site. Good stuff. But current beta on snow conditions is always appreciated.

Thanks

Edited by ARob

I'd say probably 3-6" over the last few days up high. It's hard to tell as the weather has been so unstable. Bend has had sunshine, rain squalls, hail and T-storms since Monday. Before that a good 6+ inches above 6000ft. It does clear up there, but not for an entire day.

hope that helps

JL

I appreciate it, thanks. I think I am just going to head up there and play around depending on conditions. I will probably bring some climbing gear in case things crap out and I will just head over to Smith. Will be a good weekend either way.