[TR] Mountaineers Field Trip Attempt - 4/16/2010

Josh Lewis

Wait! It's a Ranger. Now the Feds are after you. You need to learn to tell Johnny Law to go Fuck himself, you're all lawyered up, you'll be at Stevens Pass, and they need to bring a warrant.

:laf: Part of it had to do with my age, and the other part was it was night time.

That's lame "the man" stopped you. I used to do stuff like that when I lived in Bothell. Cops pulled me over all the time. Good effort by the way. It might have been more exciting then a trip with the mounties. It also makes a great story.

It was no supprise, I thought of this happening, and knew it was possible, but once I got past Index I thought I was free of worry of them. The effort was hard because the bike was cheap quality, there were some times I had to push it. It was indeed more exciting that a your casual mountaineers field trip. Glad you liked my story.

"What if I could bike there" :rocken:

I love your spirit. Most people would have just given up and whined about it, instead of giving it a shot on highway 2 on a crappy old bike.

Would you believe it, the people of nwhikers said the opposite response, they thought I was full of excuses on this trip!

Here is a link to when things got over the top in my other thread:

http://www.nwhikers.net/forums/viewtopic.php?t=7982626&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=105

As response, Thanks, I don't give up so easy, I was forced to give up when I got home, my brother gaurded my bike when I got home (the brother who did not know about the trip, the other brother who knew was not home at the time). The bike would squeek an aweful deal, I have to make my movie with it. :laf:

You have the biggest heart in the world Josh. Keep killin it no matter who trys to keep you under their thumb.

I very much appreciate this comment, perhaps one of my favorite replies to my trip reports of all time. There are people who are trying to stop me from trips and such, but that does not stop me. After all I am a die hard. But at the same time I been working to be responsible this year on my trips, I want to go big, but not to far in over my head.

Why couldn't the pig officer let you proceed? What were you doing wrong, exactly?

LOL! This ranger was nicer than a lot of other ones I met, but he still interfered with my trip, and the end to my trip was quite annoying. Some guy heard the phone calls between the ranger and who ever he was talking to and so happened to know my name. He mis understood some of what went on, then told a friend of mine, that friend told Eastking's wife, then Eastking's wife told Eastking, and by the time it was morning when I woke up I got a phone call from Eastking with him asking "What! Josh why would you try to solo Mount Baring at night!" I laughed when I heard this because it turned into a mini rumor, but I straightened the story with my friends of what acually happened whcih was said in the report. I'm guessing someone mixed the city of Baring for the mountain.

As response to the question "what were you doing wrong?", I was biking on the side walk. :laf: You know rangers can me ;)

hell yeah dude, way to give 'er...

really admire your persistence and enthusiasm! :rocken:

Thanks, that is one reason I can go on trips nearly every weekend, sometimes I got to go big to go at all.

Biking hwy 2 is totally legal. Maybe because he's underage? Or maybe he didn't have proper reflectors and headlight?

http://www.wsdot.wa.gov/bike/closed.htm

My age had a factor. I had a reflector vest on, although found it best to strap to my pack so it could cover as much of my backpack as possible using my ice axe to hold it on. My shirt even had reflectors on it as well as reflectors on the pedals. Anytime I would see a car, I would go completely off of the road, which in ways it was safer at night because I knew where they were. The only factor I was not completely safe from drunk drivers, if someone swirved and too up the entire shoulder while I was on it, I could be in trouble.

Josh, do you need some bike lights? I have some you can have. FREE! :)

Really! That would be awesome! I was wearing a head lamp, but was not wearing a back light. I'll send you a pm soon, I gotta to go. Thanks for the offer!

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

everyone dies...not everyone lives...

I'll admit, I have to agree with that there, I kept a very sharp eye for cars, but I also admit I don't plan on doing that anytime soon again (for safety reasons and such). I'll admit, hardly ever am I bored with the amount of events that happen in my life. But I can't say they are always good. ;)

And you aren't the only one who takes these kind of risks. We just don't post TR's of them. :blush:

I know. :laf: I know plenty of folks who keep there stories thatare epic secrets or tone it down, as for me, I decide not to strip out details, and if people want to rip on me for being honest, thats there deal.

• 4 weeks later...

"He didn't have his papers! That's all."

Since when are bicyclists required to carry "papers" or any drivers license. Bicycling up there by itself is not a reason for them to stop you longer than it takes to ask how you are doing. If he has no lights, that may be another story though.