Matching your donation to the Index fund

Rad

I've decided to try to double your contribution to the Index Fund, and mine, by matching the first $500 of contributions made between now and midnight, Saturday May 22nd. You can post in this thread or send me a pm if you wish to remain anonymous. I'll post the tally at the end of each day. If we get to $500 really fast then maybe someone else can make a similar offer for the next block.

So if you love to climb at Index lower town wall...

or enjoyed it immensely back in the day...

or are excited to finally see a bathroom installed...

and want to see it preserved for future generations of climbers instead of being closed and turned into a mine...

Then please consider contributing to the Index Climbing Fund.

$300,000 is needed. MattP can comment on where we stand in that regard.

http://www.washingtonclimbers.org/IndexFund/

Donations are tax deductible. Please find out if your employer matches charitible donations, because then we can go even higher.

Thank you.

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow Thanks!!!

I don't think $50 is modest. Even $10 helps.

Thank you all. I'll chip in my max of $500.

That brings us to $1150 here so far, including my contribution.

FYI, this is on the honor system. Don't post or send your receipt. Hopefully Index will repay you with good karma and sick sends!

If anyone else wants to offer another match (smaller or larger or whatever) that would keep the stoke going.

Thanks again.

Rad

:moondance:

maaan....

Ok, I will do it.

I'm posting up $500 in matching funds if you post your pledge by Monday 5/24 at 3:00pm. Thanks for getting this started Rad.

Remember, there is some cool Schwag to be had for donating to the fund.

http://www.washingtonclimbers.org/IndexFund/gifts.htm

Let's see how much the spraying denizens of cc.com can raise!

Edited by fenderfour

Does anyone know if an individual can get a second gift from http://www.washingtonclimbers.org/IndexFund/gifts.htm?

i.e. I've donated and gotten a T-shirt already, if I do another 300 can I get another T-shirt?

I promise it's not selfish. I've got an idea parallel to this donation matching.

Good question. I thought it would be cool to collect a couple of the water bottles for my "gift bag", but they only sent one even though I did multiple donations at that level.

I'll chime in for the WCC since I've been volunteering to work on some of the IT and fundraising stuff.

First of all, this thread is heartwarming! It is great to see people taking it upon themselves to raise awareness and encourage giving even though we haven't done a promotion or event in a while. You guys are digging deep and making a hugh difference!

On the subject of multiple donations/gifts. Things are a bit laggy since we are an all volunteer organization but here is how it works. When you make a donation through one of the links on the gifts page paypal logs your donation and which link you clicked on. Every week or two we go through all of the donations we have received, make mailing labels and stuff envelopes.

So, if you donate multiple times through the gift page, you will get multiple gifts but if you donate more then the minimum amount in one go we only send one (and consider you awesome). We are also working to contact those who donated more then $300 previously but again, we are a bunch of volunteers and things take longer then they could.

If anyone feels we are doing something unfair let me know and I'll bring it up with the group and I'm sure we can work something out.

Thanks again for all of your donations and all of your commitment to saving the LTW!

-Ryan Bressler

3967595218_783f9dbcdd.jpg

Eric Gratz, Natural Log Cabin

If Crillz sends Sagiscarious clean by the end of the month, I'll pony up $300. (You can do it, dood! :rocken: )

Oh snap!

Best chance is for the chains under the roof though.

You donate another 3 hundy and I promise by the end of the year.

The Index shirts are pretty pimp. I've been sporting mine around.

If Crillz sends Sagiscarious clean by the end of the month, I'll pony up $300. (You can do it, dood! :rocken: )

Oh snap!

Best chance is for the chains under the roof though.

You donate another 3 hundy and I promise by the end of the year.

The Index shirts are pretty pimp. I've been sporting mine around.

You better get busy and start sending so I can get my shirt. :cool:

Do it for Index! :kisss:

sickie sickie sickie

Update:

My intial 500 has been matched by Colt45 (200), Marko (50), summitCJB (50) LAB (50), OrionSonya (300 for initial pledge). So I made my payment.

OrionSonya has offered to match 300 in contributions.

Fenderfour has offered to match 500 in contributions.

Toward that 800 so far we have:

MountainMatt (50), NKane (50), Sherri/Crillz??

So there is still another $700 in match money to double your contribution. Anyone?

Please note that we are not checking the Index website so the only way matchers will know if you've donated is if you post here or send a pm to one of us.

Also, Fenderfour has set a deadline of Monday May 24th for his match. So act now, don't delay!

Thanks so much! Now we just need the darn rock to dry...

sickie sickie sickie