Meat Grinder

Anyone ever climb meat grinder at alphabet rock? I led it for the first time last night, after top roping a few times last week. Great climb, in a great setting. The off width/flaring pod is a kick. Now, it'd be fun to lead Z-crack, but I don't think I want to commit yet to a dyno to fingerlock opening move.

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

fun route.....

couple years ago on my bday....i fell out of the ow and hit the ledge below......yowerzers!!!!

z crack is some good crankin too!!!!

also the sport route on the left side of the formation with those giant heucos is fun....you can crawl inside those things are party!!!

Right on, Telemarketer,

Rope soloed that beetch a week or two ago. You can get pretty twisted up in that OW pod trying to figure out the right sequence. Like playing twister in a squeeze chimney with a rack on. And you think that's fun?! There could be a future for you in the alpine.

You need to throw your self at Z-crack. The pro for that opening move is as good as it gets. The moves get progressively easier but until you get your feet up to the next horizontal you do not have much of a stance to place gear from. If you're up for it, I'll give you a belay after work on Tuesday.

I want to lead a former TR problem over to the right. [big Grin]

Retro, you bet after work Tues., but I'm in Seattle all week next week, but the Tuesday following...The o/w on meatgrinder takes a great left kneebar/jam that lets me get my left handjam higher and it's all good after that. I do it as combo handjam-lieback.

I wanted to lead that bolted climb by dogleg too.