No one here today

Was down at Vantage today and only saw two other groups, I was climbing with someone who had not been there before, and went down to the sunshine wall to show him around,( I try not to go there)and since noone was around took him on some of my favrite climbs. I did not see any routes without hangers, afew achors like above party in your pants (sorry Fred twin cracks) were missing, but the ones for easyoff were right there. It was not as bad as I had heard on here. If someone just put all those back thanks. Air gutar is still sweet. But I would not want to be there tomorow,the people were all ready showing up when I left.

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

quote:

Originally posted by Paul detrick:
But I would not want to be there tomorow,the people were all ready showing up when I left.

yeah take a number...hey i heard someone just bolted a crag near dayton...100 5.10s,50 5.11s, few 5.12s..much potential...and all sweet overhanging choss...anybody got more beta

Paul, the number of bolts that were plundered at Frenchman Coulee (also known as Vantage) numbers well into the 100's and 100's and 100's.

There are still well over 100 hangers missing.

Easy Off has been repaired but the 2nd or 3rd route to the right, Snooze Ya Loose, is still stripped.

Kevin Pogue has been doing most of the work and many assorted individuals have been donating cash or hangers to him.

The Frenchman Coulee Climbers Coalition - FCCC had a semi-annual Board meeting last weekend and it seemed to go very well.

The Coulee seems to be experiencing growing pains, much like dozens of other popular climbing crags around the nation. But, with an active FCCC and especially the sagely advise of Andy Fitz, Regional Coordinator for the Access Fund, the biggest hassle for climbers is likely the Columbia Gorge concert goers.