After work pitches on trundle dome

Just enough time after work to lead that 5.9 climb just to right of flakefest on Trundle Dome. Friend and I made a couple laps just as it was getting dark. Trundle is a great area. Living in Wenatchee has its advantages...midweek in Icicle is the way to go. Fridays and Saturdays are bad, very, very bad.

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

quote:

Originally posted by telemarker:
Living in Wenatchee has its advantages...midweek in Icicle is the way to go.

Telemarker, better to live in Leav. and commute to Wenasty if thats where your work is. I did that for 5 years and was able to climb every day. Weekend crowds just encourage you to walk a little further to a crag without people, easy to do.

Yeah,, you're right about that. Would love to live in Leavenworth, but wouldn't like the 5 day-a-week commute, 50 mile daily roundtrip to Wesnatchee. I'm still new to the climbing game, so at least what I can hike to to avoid crowds, probably some other mob has already read about it and walked there too, trying to avoid other mobs. I'll learn soon enough, just like I've found my own B/C skiing locales where no one else would go.