Ankle

My ankle is semi fubar, I hurt it playing football and dislocated a couple of small bones in the foot. Nothing broken or major it. Just swelling and pain. Does anyone have good techniques for rehab? I can bear for full weight walking be can't rotate it and bear weigh.

Its fine for biking and walking but as soon as i try to place and turn it goes. 2 weeks ago the doc said 4 weeks, today he said 4 more.

j

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

you know i got a moderate sprain going on 3 weeks ago now and it is not 100%. Probably 85-95%. That said I have snowshoed 10 miles on it (last weekend) and had to hobble 4 miles on it immediately after it happened. However for the first week-2 I took a lot of anti-inflammatories (ib profen) and I used crutches to keep all weight off it. I also iced it and elevated it and used the compression bandage.

I won't rock climb as the weight placements and total lack of any ankle support in such shoes is bad news for it, but if I am wearing my alpine boots which have monster ankle support, it is pretty good.

ill need to work on some ankle balance exercises once it gets to 100% to strengthen it more. unfortunately I think you are SOL until you can rotate/bear weight--as bronco said prematurely doing things that are painful will aggravate it (maybe somewhat like picking a scab?) and cause it to scar, inflame, and heal more slowly.

i self relocated it today :D and now the swelling is down. After the set of x-rays on more was out of place somehow. I tend to heal fast. so if i can run fine monday, i will try out climbing Wednesday and see how it goes.

Heck the first time i saw the doc he wanted to cast before x-rays. Army doc's suck really, but at the same time i need to make sure i don't over do it.

my personality is against slow. Its ingrained in me to go hard and give 100% all the time. My peers are confused but my injury as it's the first time they can remember i am injured but at the same time i still hang.