Marts Videos

telemarker

Just got done watching the old Steve Marts videos his sister lent me. Speaking of accidents, one video is of Wickwire, Al Givler and Jagerskey making a first ascent in the Fairweather Range, with Givler and Jagerskey sliding to their deaths on the descent. It doesn't actually show them falling, but the narrator explains what happens, and is no less heart wrenching.

Other video is of the '82 and '84 Chinese/American ascent of Everest, when in '82 Marty Hoey falls out of her harness. Watching the video, you can easily see she didn't double back through the buckle. The '84 footage is of Ershler summiting. Good footage of a struggling Roskelley giving all he has. Yet another video is of the first American attempt at the north ridge of K-2. Awesome footage on all the videos, if you can make it through the funky 70's acid-trip music. Just wondering if anyone else has these videos collecting dust somewhere.

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Geez, I don't know. They're not of the bootleg variety, for sure. They're from Pal Productions in Seattle. I have never seen them there before in any store. Here's the info. from the tape itself:

Outdoor Adventure VideotapesDivision of Pal Productions Inc.511 Second West, Seatle, 98119206-282-2025

Good luck. I'd be surprised if this place still existed.