Blewitt

I don't think anyone ever posts on this page, so my weekend should change that. Myself and Larry the Rabi skied the east side of Diamond peak. Anyone ever spend time in the Blewitt pass area? There really are some underrated descents there. Not a ton of vert but that just makes for some cool yo-yo skiing. Quick and easy access.

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

lots of skiing has been done on peaks along hwy. 97 but the best runs require a snow mobile or some extra effort (road skiing). check out miller pk., iron mt., the three brothers, navaho pk., and wedge mountain.

never skied on diamond but i hear that you need to really watch out for the talus.

Sure, I've been back to Earl, Ingalls, Longs Pass, Stuart. I guess I should've been more specific by saying right off the hiway near the pass. A couple times I've stopped the car and just started skinning a few miles north from the summit of Blewitt and found some nice glades and bowls w/o the use of sleds. Decent skiing with no one around. Low elevation and farther east can be a problem. But hit just right, very pleasant. Not amazing, but pleasant.