Rock fall off p2 City Park

KAB

• Replies 200
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

hey rob, i'm hoping you can test the rock-fall in the country. pm me for the exact location. this is all getting a little weird.

PM sent. I'll need a rope-gun. Speed is essential, we don't want the residue to wash off in the rain.

PM sent. I'll need a rope-gun. Speed is essential, we don't want the residue to wash off in the rain.

Thanks for the haste, but let's not overlook the need to get the block back in place.

PS: It's looking like Buckaroo will not be lending his engineering skills for this endeavor.

We were there but we didn't blow up nut'in no matter what he sez :)

siachen32.jpg

Would we be so proud as to show our faces for such a nafarious crime? Besides we live in Twist and have pleanty of stuff over here to blow up.

siachen34.jpg

There is always a plausible explanation for everything...

70768999_217c850a4c_o.jpg

...yea, that's from PDX'ers going to Calf. and bringing back holds to glue on their test pieces at the Gorge....

Almost...this is a result of one PDXer trying to drill a rock pipe into the thing solo. You need a second to sit on it....

Thanks for the haste, but let's not overlook the need to get the block back in place.

I was looking around at the debris. I'm pretty confident that we could lift the majority of the ledge back, especially since the force of the blast broke it into smaller pieces. The presence of two bolt anchors above the ledge, and large tree anchors on the ground, is advantageous.

I have 100m of static line and about 50 meters of 1'' tubular webbing left over from a previous spelunking hobby. I'd be willing to donate it to the cause.

We'd probably need another 100m of static, and a couple guys on the ground to haul.

What sort of epoxy would be best? There would be pieces missing, but I'm pretty confident we could glue most of the big pieces back onto the ledge. It *is* flat, after all.

Mmmm....rock pipes....that would make for a much more interesting thread. Are there any the Cascade alpine?

I whole heartedly agree....... Someone spill the beans.

Where are the rock pipes and who will be the first to write the guide book?

does or-e-gon chosscades count? :)

turkey95.jpg

Actually,

I vote just to take up some wood and make some forms. Pour a new block out of concrete. It'll look close enough, and it will be easier. Let's pour back the block about 2 feet taller so the sketch is removed from that pitch.

I was looking around at the debris. I'm pretty confident that we could lift the majority of the ledge back, especially since the force of the blast broke it into smaller pieces. The presence of two bolt anchors above the ledge, and large tree anchors on the ground, is advantageous.

I have 100m of static line and about 50 meters of 1'' tubular webbing left over from a previous spelunking hobby. I'd be willing to donate it to the cause.

We'd probably need another 100m of static, and a couple guys on the ground to haul.

What sort of epoxy would be best? There would be pieces missing, but I'm pretty confident we could glue most of the big pieces back onto the ledge. It *is* flat, after all.

I'll donate beer and whiskey, let me know the preferred brands.

You can attempt to cement the block back into place, but weathering will probably loosen it before two long. Take a cue from WSDOT and bolt some cyclone fencing around it; much easier than deadmanning it into the wall. No specialized equipment required.

While you've still got the block conveniently on the ground, you might also consider bolting some additional holds onto it.

The addition of a bronze plaque commemorating the repair crew might also be in order.

Yes: If we can pool our collective together and have a slideshow/Memorium on the history of our friend Kathy the Block. She was a good friend to many and will be missed by all. I will bring hamburger meet and everclear. Someone else will need to bring a garbage can and fruit to make the Spode.

The other mega feature that will go soon (my guess is w/in ten years) is the large flake system that forms the lieback system to the anchors of Aborigine at Little Si...there is also a lot of climbing on that feature on the crossover from Californicator onto Technorigine...this system's gap has changed significantly over the course of the last ten years...

The other mega feature that will go soon (my guess is w/in ten years) is the large flake system that forms the lieback system to the anchors of Aborigine at Little Si...there is also a lot of climbing on that feature on the crossover from Californicator onto Technorigine...this system's gap has changed significantly over the course of the last ten years...

Let's hope not.