New guide to Eastern WA

Hat's off to Marty Bland for the publication of the new guidebook Inland Northwest Rockclimbs. This book covers a good majority of the crags that are within a couple hour drive of Spokane. Not only is the book informative, the route descriptions are quite entertaining. Also, this is the only guide book that I am aware of that was able to work the word "jackassery" (p.43)into the text. Well done Bland. If you have not picked up a copy of this book and are looking to head to the east side of the state, I highly recommend getting a hold of a copy. Check out the book at

www. inlandnwclimb.homestead.com/inlandnwclimb.html This is much needed book for this region. Thanks again Marty for all of your work.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

picked up the book the other day. I wanted to see what routes I climbed at Banks Lake. I still am not sure. Is Gibrater Rock on the turnoff to Northup Canyon? Been up there a few times and it a unique spot. Too bad the author couldn't get any cooperation from one of the most active guys. Makes no sense to me. Why clean and bolt routes if you don't want to share the info? I can tell you from personal experience that the schmoe that put up those routes will scream the loudest when his routes are shown somehow incorrectly.

Note to Marty: Good effort on the book, ignore the low blows sure to come, I feel your pain.

You know people complain about guide books (like me I must admit) but to be honest we are all happy to have them for sure. Or else we would not find any of the good routes. Thanks whoever it was that created that thing even if I never buy it or climb any routes way out there wink.gif