Vantage

Spent the day at Vantage, Friday March 9th. Cold in the AM, but HOT in the sun by noon - I climbed without my shirt on! A couple of tiny splotches of ice left in the shade, but other than that, it was like spring time. Saw maybe 8 people the entire day.

A few loose holds here and there, but this is only my second time at Vantage, so I don't know if that's par for the course, or if it's post-winter erosion....

Get out there, folks, it's happening! smile.gif

- rob

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

We were out at Vantage yesterday (Sun 3/11). We thought we were going to freeze when we got out at the Wenatchee rest area, but by 10am we were baking at the Sunshine wall.

There were two or three sections of really loose stuff on Party in your Pants. Earthquake ravage perhaps as that used to be a totally solid climb. Kicked a bunch of stuff down from In Too Deep too, but I'm guessing that one has always been chossy.

The folks queued up for Party we're not appreciative of my unintentional cleaning efforts. I guess I've now received my karmic retribution for giving Bill Robins shit about cleaning one Sunday.

It was so hot at Sunshine we had to hightail it to Mideast Wall before we ran out of water. It was nice and cool (and solid) there. The Elders is a way cool climb. It's just barely there for the grade. Way solid, but too short.

chucK