The Smith Rock Spring Thing is this weekend!!

chrismael

----------Hope to see there! Hopefully I won't be flashing dirty looks at you on your way to climb. ha ha-----------

----Oh, projects usually only go till noonish or twoish.

----Watts will be doing a slide show! Maybe you can get him to write something witty in your new guidebook too!

18th Annual "Spring Thing"

Saturday, May 8th

Be a part of the 18th Annual Smith Rock “Spring Thing” volunteer day. This one-day event focuses on restoration projects to protect and enhance public lands in and around Smith Rock State Park.

Projects include: erosion control, trail improvement, grass and tree planting, trash cleanup, climbing route cleaning, & chalk removal.

The “Spring Thing” will end with a appreciation dinner starting at 6 p.m.

The evening celebration will include a slide presentation, prize raffle and fund-raising auction of outdoor gear with proceeds earmarked for future events and projects at Smith Rock State Park.

The non-profit Smith Rock Group organizes and coordinates the event in partnership with the Oregon Parks and Recreation Department (OPRD) and other corporate and private sponsors.

SPRING THING INFO:

* Saturday, May 8, 2010.

* Registration is from 8-10 AM by the main fee station at Smith Rock State Park.

* Parking passes, breakfast snack, water, sunscreen, work gloves, direction, tools and supplies are included for all registered volunteers.

* Free dinner for volunteers starts at 6:00 PM followed by the ever popular auction and raffle.

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Anyone looking for a ride down to Smith this weekend? I'm leaving town at 6:30am tomorrow and will head back sometime Sunday evening. Meeting the partner down there, so I'm rolling solo as of right now. Hit me up if you want to split some gas cost.

Neal