Worm Flow. Anyone done it in May?

devan

I am gonna try out the worm flow again this weekend for a St Helens Climb. Anyone been up recently in the last few days? It was snowshoe conditions from Marble last time I did it early April. Want to hit conditions that dont require snowshoes but allow for some spring snowboarding. Is it still snow from the bottom all the way up? Bring snowshoes?

thanks

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I was up there on the 2nd. You could easily do it without snowshoes, in fact I hiked about 3/4 with just bare boots. There was a lot of snow the week before the 2nd so I did put snowshoes on because I was sinking, but that was more due to the fact that we got a late start and things were very soft and deep.

Summary: Don't bring snowshoes

Skied MSH last Sat., May 8th. Road to Climber's Bivy closed. Skinnable snow starts about a mile from Marble Mtn. sno-park. I skinned most of the way except booted with crampons between 5 & 7K. Hard in the AM, softening by noon. Lot's of folks just booting up it. Good ski/board conditions. Leave early - high avi danger! You need a permit now.