"Spill. Baby. Spill"

j_b

He is blaming it on the people who have little choice but drive cars since nitwits like him are usually against public transit and fuel economy, and against investing in renewable energy, while he is for expansion of offshore drilling, nuclear plants even the private sector won't pay for, and fighting wars we can't afford, like the other disastrous dino policies we have heard shill for over the years.

• Replies 612
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And speaking of food, it takes 37 calories of oil to produce every single calorie you shove into your hole. Something to think about while you hop on to your $5000.00 road bike and flip off cars...

http://www.sightline.org/research/sust_toolkit/solutions/bicycle

It's just as easy to flip off an asshole like you on a cheap bike. Don't need the fancy rides you, Pope and Dwayner brag about riding.

And speaking of food, it takes 37 calories of oil to produce every single calorie you shove into your hole. Something to think about while you hop on to your $5000.00 road bike and flip off cars...

http://www.sightline.org/research/sust_toolkit/solutions/bicycle

It's just as easy to flip off an asshole like you on a cheap bike. Don't need the fancy rides you, Pope and Dwayner brag about riding.

Gotta love a poster who hides behind a new user name when his panties start hiking up his twat. I can't wait to run one of you Critical Mass fuckers down with my SUV.

NOAA Warned Interior It Was Underestimating Threat Of Serious Spill

by Dan Froomkin

National Oceanic & Atmospheric Administration officials last fall warned the Department of Interior, which regulates offshore oil drilling, that it was dramatically underestimating the frequency of offshore oil spills and was dangerously understating the risk and impacts a major spill would have on coastal residents.

NOAA is the nation's lead ocean resource agency, and the warnings came in its response to a draft of the Obama Administration's offshore oil drilling plans. The comments were Web-published in October by the whistle-blowing group, Public Employees for Environmental Responsibility (PEER).

But NOAA's views were largely brushed aside as Obama went ahead and announced on March 31 that he would open vast swaths of American coastal waters to offshore drilling -- a plan now very much in doubt as a blown-out BP well in the Gulf of Mexico spews out an estimated 200,000 gallons of oil daily, for the 13th straight day.

[..]

Jeff Ruch, the head of the public-employee whistleblowing group, said that as in many other regulatory agencies, Obama political appointees in the Interior Department's notoriously troubled Minerals Management Service (MMS) have not taken enough steps to reverse the anti-environmental and anti-science policies of the Bush years.

"For the most part, the Obama team is still the Bush team," Ruch told HuffPost, noting that beyond a thin layer of political appointees, offices like MMS are run by managers who were "promoted during the Bush years -- In many instances, promoted for basically violating the law. And from what we can tell, their conduct hasn't changed."

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2010/05/03/noaa-warned-interior-was_n_561615.html

This opinion is a bit over the top. I was at a national DOI confernce on the environment last week in Portland and from talking with Interior agency folks they overwhelmingly feel they have a different mandate then under the Bush years when most of them were regarded as pests.

The larger issues are more complex, rooted in institutions, politics, and as always, money. We're slow on the uptake here in the US, as usual. We're not dealing with the implications of climate change or making the needed modifications to the bascis of our economy. Baby steps so far, but some good ones, but we really need some bold actions to change, for lack of a better word, the current paradigm.

Why? Because it asks you to accept a share of responsibility for your behavior?

look at the one who called for expanding offshore drilling blame the victims of his policies.

So little malcontent bitches like you and Prole can keep eating cheap industrial organic and pumping cheap soot-laden diesel into your Volkswagen TDIs.

You might try polling the women on this site to find out how much of a turn on (as you've claimed) your SUV is. You attempt to lampoon the kind of personal lifestyle changes that really do have a significant impact on reducing the overall problem to minimize the glaring fact that you're not doing jack shit yourself because you basically don't give a fuck.

Yeah, we don't buy it, but I'm sure you get that a lot.

It's amazing that you're defending Nitrox's racist photo post. What little respect I had for you is now gone. You're at best a troll, but you're certainly not a guy whose opinion should be taken seriously.

Edited by tvashtarkatena

OMG, there are illegals in my food? This is immoral. And speaking of food, it takes 37 calories of oil to produce every single calorie you shove into your hole. Something to think about while you hop on to your $5000.00 road bike and flip off cars...

UM...no, it doesn't, not that anyone here bought that obviously bullshit statistic the first time round. You're only off by a factor of 37 this time, but that's nothing new, eh? Sustainable agriculture would return us to a 2+:1 ratio.

linky

"Ever since we ran out of arable land, food is oil. Every single calorie we eat is backed by at least a calorie of oil, more like ten. In 1940 the average farm in the United States produced 2.3 calories of food energy for every calorie of fossil energy it used. By 1974 (the last year in which anyone looked closely at this issue), that ratio was 1:1."

Just imagine, the fuckwits destroy the environment with their dead-enders policies, but we are "malcontent". ROTFL

Both are true in this case I suspect, and you are as much of a part of the problem as much as the rest of us I'd bet. As Americans, we lead the way on usage, but it sounds like Fairweather is trying to lead the way for us.

blaming offshore drilling on kevbone's need for a car is like blaming a rape victim for wearing a short skirt.

I wear t-shirts. Does that mean I'm to blame for Chinese sweatshops?

Only criminals use that kind of argument. "Well, he left his wallet out in plain sight! It's his fault for not stopping me!!"

:tdown:

I can't wait to run one of you Critical Mass fuckers down with my SUV.

We have a winner! Loser.

bush_bike_accident.jpg

Don't even talk that way. Bicycle-car accidents are a bad bad thing.

blaming offshore drilling on kevbone's need for a car is like blaming a rape victim for wearing a short skirt.

I wear t-shirts. Does that mean I'm to blame for Chinese sweatshops?

Only criminals use that kind of argument. "Well, he left his wallet out in plain sight! It's his fault for not stopping me!!"

:tdown:

Uhhh, no, thats bullshit. Personal responsibility is the start of the discussion. You think big government should mandate that you turn your f*ing lights off? Why not just walk right over and turn the f*ucker off yourself? etc etc to every argument you have.

Edited by billcoe

Wow, it's a bullshit storm in here.

Look, the gulf accident highlights the grave risks of offshore drilling. It speaks volumes as to whether or not we should expand offshore drilling.

Everybody drives and burns gas, so everybody's part of the problem. Thank you, Captain Obvious. That's not an argument for expanding offshore drilling.

Those who aren't complete tools regarding the environment should a) reduce their fossil fuel consumption as much as possible and b) oppose expansion of offshore drilling.

The fact that we exhale CO2 does not mean we shouldn't work for cleaner air...what complete fucktard came up with that line of reasoning? It seems like the Right absolutely can't get enough of it.

Not hard.

For at least 20 years environmentalists have been saying that energy efficiency and conservation were a significant part of the transition to a new energy policy based on renewables, and now, the corner of the room that dragged its feet the entire time talks to us about personal responsibility? :confused:

The argument that one earns the right to become activist by being pure and perfect is a formula for zero change. Funny, it's the Right's most best love line of reasoning. Wonder why?

Much of the reform comes from within the evil industry itself: greater efficiency, safety procedures, clean up procedures. Should the oil industry not institute any reform this because they 'don't have the moral right to'?

Yeah...you get the idea.

Boy, the whole tea bagger thing really is dragging the conservative movement down, at least if this site is any indication. Blatant racism is apparently in fashion now. Absolute stupidity is celebrated.

We're all very impressed. Fortunately, neither of these conditions are success formulas for getting your political agenda enacted. Nice seeing these fuckers recede in the rear view mirror after the rest of us have left them on the roadside.

"purity" by opposition to being "pragmatic", like in pushing offshore drilling, Klean coal and the moribund nuclear industry. Isn't it better known as triangulation?

Edited by j_b

who's talking about purity? reform coming from where? wth are you blabbering about?

The Right. It's the typical you can't complain or seek change unless you are basically an ascetic monk, practicing what you preach with an utmost purity. Then when you do, to the extent you can, you're ridiculed and become a target for the SUV bumper.

BUT WAIT, has anyone tied North Korea to this mysterious explosion? They blew up a South Korean ship a while back.

two mysterious undersea explosions, can that be a coincidence? Hell no! Boobs cause earthquakes after all.

I am pretty sure it was the whale with all the trash in its gut.

OMG, there are illegals in my food? This is immoral. And speaking of food, it takes 37 calories of oil to produce every single calorie you shove into your hole. Something to think about while you hop on to your $5000.00 road bike and flip off cars...

UM...no, it doesn't, not that anyone here bought that obviously bullshit statistic the first time round. You're only off by a factor of 37 this time, but that's nothing new, eh? Sustainable agriculture would return us to a 2+:1 ratio.

linky

"Ever since we ran out of arable land, food is oil. Every single calorie we eat is backed by at least a calorie of oil, more like ten. In 1940 the average farm in the United States produced 2.3 calories of food energy for every calorie of fossil energy it used. By 1974 (the last year in which anyone looked closely at this issue), that ratio was 1:1."

If you include all inputs--from the production of Nitrogen-based fertilizers, to cultivation, to processing, shipment to market, refrigeration, etc, etc--well, you can't possibly believe what you posted. (Could it be that reading comprehension thing you're having so much trouble with lately?) My source is Pollen's The Ominivore's Dilemma which, I'll admit, is suspect. But I have no doubt it's closer to the true ratio than your outrageously naive claim of 1:1. :rolleyes:

He is blaming it on the people who have little choice but drive cars since nitwits like him are usually against public transit and fuel economy, and against investing in renewable energy, while he is for expansion of offshore drilling, nuclear plants even the private sector won't pay for, and fighting wars we can't afford, like the other disastrous dino policies we have heard shill for over the years.

Its always someone else's fault, never your own.

First, you know nothing of my carbon footprint, so take your ad-hominem attacks and shove them where the sun doesn't shine. ANd second, i am clearly not responsible for people like you refusing the financing of public transit or doing away with urban sprawl or the all consumerist model. I am not responsible either for your backing up of the automotive industry when they fought off stringent fuel economy over the last several decades. I am not responsible either for your type pushing offshore drilling, or foreign wars to control our oil under their sand, etc .. All of these policies are yours. You are responsible for these dead-ender policies. I am not.