"Spill. Baby. Spill"

j_b

• Replies 612
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, it's all about the response, isn't it. FEMA, the primary organization responsible for federal response to disasters, was gutted and downgraded in importance, and administratively churned when the DHS was formed. It's response was abysmal. That's when the president needs to kick in. Bush went in with too little too late. He did a shitty, shitty job.

Yeah, we're all part of the oil problem, OK. Accidents happen, and this one, from an engineering standpoint, is an extremely difficult one to fix. I wouldn't attempt to put too much of a political flavor on it.

That is such a lame argument.

While I don't hold Obama responsible for any part of the oil spill I do find a certain level of hypocrisy in the condemnation of those saying "told ya so" while filling up at the nearest gas station.

I'm quite fond of the Gulf of Mexico and am saddened by this catastrophe but I also think its a bitch move what you're doing. Half your car is made from plastic and runs on oil, you're part of the reason why BP is drilling in the gulf.

Yeah, we're all part of the oil problem, OK. Accidents happen, and this one, from an engineering standpoint, is an extremely difficult one to fix. I wouldn't attempt to put too much of a political flavor on it.

huh? Accidents happen? What's Obama going to do about expanding offshore drilling? Do what corporations and Republicans want him to do again?

I do find a certain level of hypocrisy in the condemnation of those saying "told ya so" while filling up at the nearest gas station.

As if most people had a choice of reasonable public transit or could avoid the 24/7 consumerist commercial propaganda of the corporate media.

Why? Because it asks you to accept a share of responsibility for your behavior?

look at the one who called for expanding offshore drilling blame the victims of his policies.

So little malcontent bitches like you and Prole can keep eating cheap industrial organic and pumping cheap soot-laden diesel into your Volkswagen TDIs.

once more your advocacy of dead-ender policies that destroy our economy and our environment show that you know nothing of sensible policies for our future and this is all you have got to reply?