Boycott AZ...especially its Tea!

Nitrox

• Replies 418
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, an implantable, contactless national ID card with a Depo or Implanon backing would kill two birds with one silicone stone...

Isn't this being done already, via vaccines? Kevbone sent me a youtube video about it.

I don't know anyone who's been shot by an illegal hispanic immigrant, but I know a number of women who've been raped, and probably know a lot more that I'm not aware of.

http://articles.sfgate.com/2008-07-20/news/17173999_1_immigration-status-el-salvador-illegal-immigrant

Slaying suspect once found sanctuary in S.F.

Years before he was accused of killing a man and his two sons, Edwin Ramos was a teen criminal shielded by city from deportation

July 20, 2008|By Jaxon Van Derbeken, Chronicle Staff Writer

The man charged with killing a father and two sons on a San Francisco street last month was one of the youths who benefited from the city's long-standing practice of shielding illegal immigrant juveniles who committed felonies from possible deportation, The Chronicle has learned.

Edwin Ramos, now 21, is being held on three counts of murder in the June 22 deaths of Tony Bologna, 48, and his sons Michael, 20, and Matthew, 16. They were shot near their home in the Excelsior district when Tony Bologna, driving home from a family picnic, briefly blocked the gunman's car from completing a left turn down a narrow street, police say.

For fuck's sake Fairweather, I wasn't saying that it doesn't happen, I'm saying that in my personal experience sample rape is a much larger issue than firearms assault by illegal immigrants, and your cherry picked citation makes me conclude that as usual, you can't cope with concept when your position is factually indefensible.

Your, you're, yeah, way to refute content Professor.

SOvereign? as in, any globalized corporate entity can inject as much money as it wants into the US political process?

Or a labor union, even!

right, the big bad unions that will contribute $1 for every $100 or so corporate contribution.

I don't know anyone who's been shot by an illegal hispanic immigrant, but I know a number of women who've been raped, and probably know a lot more that I'm not aware of.

http://articles.sfgate.com/2008-07-20/news/17173999_1_immigration-status-el-salvador-illegal-immigrant

Years before he was accused of killing a man and his two sons, Edwin Ramos was a teen criminal shielded by city from deportation

The man charged with killing a father and two sons on a San Francisco street last month was one of the youths who benefited from the city's long-standing practice of shielding illegal immigrant juveniles who committed felonies from possible deportation, The Chronicle has learned.

Edwin Ramos, now 21, is being held on three counts of murder in the June 22 deaths of Tony Bologna, 48, and his sons Michael, 20, and Matthew, 16. They were shot near their home in the Excelsior district when Tony Bologna, driving home from a family picnic, briefly blocked the gunman's car from completing a left turn down a narrow street, police say.

For fuck's sake Fairweather, I wasn't saying that it doesn't happen, I'm saying that in my personal experience sample rape is a much larger issue than firearms assault by illegal immigrants, and your cherry picked citation makes me conclude that as usual, you can't cope with concept when your position is factually indefensible.

There'a a lot of 'popular wisdom' and implication out there, mostly coming from the Right, that illegals increase crime rates, but there are no studies out there that support that assertion. One geographically limited study actually indicated the opposite.

Hannity suggested today that we give illegals long prison terms...um, yeah, kinda hard to find a prison bed these days, with 2.3 million people already filling them.

Illegal immigration is a problem. The Arizona puts Arizona's entire hispanic population under suspicion and opens them up for harassment, but will have little effect.

The only way to address the problem is to change the incentives for those wanting to cross over, and that means providing a viable guest worker program as a alternative.

The Arizona law, being broad brushed, constitutionally questionable, poorly thought out, and punitive rather than incentive based, will join a long line of Just-Say-No, Zero-Tolerance, Punishment-Junky policy failures so cherished by the Rfucks, who seem to have a great deal of trouble figuring out what makes human beings tick.

Edited by tvashtarkatena

It wasn't cherry picked at all. A complete sentence--unedited. In any event, it was just meant as a reminder that the flip side of this issue can--and often does--have some pretty ugly consequences. Of course, I suppose you're free to keep throwing out the hysterical racism card absent any real solutions to a real problem.

The only way to address the problem is to change the incentives for those wanting to cross over, and that means providing a viable guest worker program as a alternative.

Not the ONLY way, just the only way YOU like.

We have two problems (in no particular order):

-Mexico promotes its citizens to enter the US illegally.

-The US does not enforce its borders (for the most part).

There is an estimated 40M illegal immigrants in the US and it would be nearly impossible to just kick them out, for a lot of reasons. Neither the Republicans nor the Democrats want to do the deed either (one side wants cheap labor and the other side wants potential voters).

Cracking down on employers isn't really enough because there will always be cash jobs. And no, Illegals aren't just doing the jobs Americans won't. The construction industry is a perfect example of this.

The only realistic way to fix the problem is to secure the borders (north and south) and begin a process to legalize the immigrants who entered the country illegally (not flat amnesty). The rest is just a pipe dream.

Its frustrating to see how little thought people actually put into this issue and obvious why it persists even after all these years.

I know I'm wasting my breath though.

Especially since studies show that the crime rate is typically lesser among immigrants, especially illegals, who don't want or need any extra attention brought upon themselves.

Only when the study ignores that illegal immigration is a felony.

I'd like to see your source cited.

The US does not enforce its borders (for the most part).

Enforcing the border is basically irrelevant.

Cracking down on employers isn't really enough because there will always be cash jobs.

Employers are employers, how they pay is irrelevant. The primary reason immigrants are here is employment - the only way to control illegal employment is to maintain tight control over it.

The only realistic way to fix the problem is to secure the borders (north and south) and begin a process to legalize the immigrants who entered the country illegally (not flat amnesty). The rest is just a pipe dream.

Again, securing the borders is the biggest pipedream of them all and the most ineffective way possible to approach the problem.

And you call securing the border some form of rationally 'thinking' about the problem - get a grip. Pretty much every aspect of employment happens in the open, employers are fixed in location and it takes a fraction of the resources to enforce, even the 'cash' businesses - it's the ONLY place to control the problem.

Republicans and conservatives no doubt dominate corporate and business ownership and management - and guess what? They are the ones directly fucking the American people in the ass by illegally employing immigrants. They are the ones who show no compunction at all in shifting their legitimate costs onto taxpayers. That they then run their mouths and wave their arms over 'illegal immigration' is not only the height of hypocrisy, it's a magnificent scam they pull on honest conservative voters.

The US does not enforce its borders (for the most part).

Enforcing the border is basically irrelevant.

Cracking down on employers isn't really enough because there will always be cash jobs.

Employers are employers, how they pay is irrelevant. The primary reason immigrants are here is employment - the only way to control illegal employment is to maintain tight control over it.

Again, securing the borders is the biggest pipedream of them all and the most ineffective way possible to approach the problem.

And you call securing the border some form of rationally 'thinking' about the problem - get a grip. Pretty much every aspect of employment happens in the open, employers are fixed in location and it takes a fraction of the resources to enforce, even the 'cash' businesses - it's the ONLY place to control the problem.

Republicans and conservatives no doubt dominate corporate and business ownership and management - and guess what? They are the ones directly fucking the American people in the ass by illegally employing immigrants. They are the ones who show no compunction at all in shifting their legitimate costs onto taxpayers. That they then run their mouths and wave their arms over 'illegal immigrations' is not only the height of hypocrisy, it's a magnificent scam they pull on honest conservative voters.

Wrong, the US provides a large amount of free social services to illegal immigrants. Free medical, free public school, welfare, etc. Employment isn't the only reason why people come to this country illegally.