Boycott AZ...especially its Tea!

Nitrox

Yup, they can hold you. For anything. Police are not empowered to detain over minor civil infractions now.

That's should send just a wee bit of a chill down any libertarian's spine, I would think.

Federal border enforcement in AZ has been huge. Get real.

Edited by tvashtarkatena

• Replies 418
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Under this law, if you're a legal immigrant and you're caught without your papers in your possession you get 6 months in jail and a $2500 fine.

How exactly is that about curbing illegal immigration? The AZ law will have almost no effect on immigration, its all about keeping those folks in their place. Arizona wants their illegal immigrants to work cheap and not be seen, to provide convenience and not be inconvenient.

Under this law, if you're a legal immigrant and you're caught without your papers in your possession you get 6 months in jail and a $2500 fine.

How exactly is that about curbing illegal immigration? The AZ law will have almost no effect on immigration, its all about keeping those folks in their place. Arizona wants their illegal immigrants to work cheap and not be seen, to provide convenience and not be inconvenient.

This is, and has been federal law since the 1980's too, Off. Most, if not all countries provide penalties for foreign visitors who don't have ID on their person.

This is, and has been federal law since the 1980's too, Off. Most, if not all countries provide penalties for foreign visitors failing to possess identification.

Um...that's why we're freer? HELLO.

I don't know anyone who's been shot by an illegal hispanic immigrant, but I know a number of women who've been raped, and probably know a lot more that I'm not aware of.

http://articles.sfgate.com/2008-07-20/news/17173999_1_immigration-status-el-salvador-illegal-immigrant

Slaying suspect once found sanctuary in S.F.

Years before he was accused of killing a man and his two sons, Edwin Ramos was a teen criminal shielded by city from deportation

July 20, 2008|By Jaxon Van Derbeken, Chronicle Staff Writer

The man charged with killing a father and two sons on a San Francisco street last month was one of the youths who benefited from the city's long-standing practice of shielding illegal immigrant juveniles who committed felonies from possible deportation, The Chronicle has learned.

Edwin Ramos, now 21, is being held on three counts of murder in the June 22 deaths of Tony Bologna, 48, and his sons Michael, 20, and Matthew, 16. They were shot near their home in the Excelsior district when Tony Bologna, driving home from a family picnic, briefly blocked the gunman's car from completing a left turn down a narrow street, police say.

Nah, the multi-certificate, biometric, contactless smartcard technology we sell today really can't be 'faked'. Add the five years it would take to roll it out here and the cards and certificate infrastructure will be pretty solid - certainly way beyond the means of all but a few governments to be able to spoof the system. It really wouldn't be worth the effort and a large number of dupe cards with multiple valid certs would be tough to generate without being detected pretty quick.

Yes, Joseph, but I think you're thinking small. Chipping. WOrks for pets, it'll work for us.

The nice thing about RFID cards, though, is that both the government and marketing firms would be able to track out physical movements. These movements could then be datamined to reveal budding terrorist plots. Plus, imagine the helpful targeted offers you could receive! Sales of speckled, candy apple green body paint and jump shocks would suffer, but still.

Edited by tvashtarkatena

I would proudly carry my RFID card at all times under threat of detainment and random checks (within 100 miles of a US border...already legal, thank God!) to prevent some Mexican I've never met from stealing a fruit picking job from some poor teenager who's never going to apply for it. Joeseph, when are you running for President?