looking for gay/bi climbing partners

Luke W

Hi,

I'm looking for gay/bi climbers, for climbing inside at the UW's IMA, or outside sport or trad, or scrambling, hiking, etc. You're out there somewhere. I'm a 27 yrs old queer UW grad student - have been climbing for 3 years now without dropping anyone. I usually climb 5.10s in the IMA, with the occasional 11; outside I can lead 10c sport on a good day, but only 5.7 trad comfortably as of now. And I have a car.

Luke

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ummm, yeah. I guess that because I like women, I can't climb with you. um, yeah, ok.

Try Craigslist?

He didn't say he wouldn't climb with anyone that is straight he just posted that he's looking for a gay/bi climber. Why the flaming?

I'm sure he wants to climb with others of the same sexual orientation only because he's tired of listening to the typical gay bashing, homophobic, macho bullshit. I can't blame him for not wanting to be insulted and feeling like he's being judged constantly. It takes a lot of courage to post what he did since society likes to judge him for the way he was born. Good on him for having the balls to post in this forum.

No reason to be a fucking asshole to him.

My point is, why limit yourself so much? You are taking a very small portion of the population (those who lead-climb outside) and then placing huge restrictions on that...making the chances of finding a partner very small.

Just go climb with whoever. If you don't get along, don't climb with that person again. By simply stating "looking for partners" without worrying about gender/race/sex pref/religion, you will get a lot more invites, and meet a lot more people, learn a lot more styles, etc.

I am often looking for last-minute climbing/alpine/skiing partners due to my weird work schedule, so if you don't mind climbing with a straight guy, drop me a PM.

Wassup with all the spew on this? Is this Texas or something?

Why say anything. If you don't fit the description, and really want to climb with this guy anyway, send the dude a PM and see if he'll climb with you. Why do you care what he's looking for in a climbing partner? You should go start a don't ask don't tell spray topic. :crosseye:

Wassup with all the spew on this? Is this Texas or something?

Why say anything. If you don't fit the description, and really want to climb with this guy anyway, send the dude a PM and see if he'll climb with you. Why do you care what he's looking for in a climbing partner? You should go start a don't ask don't tell spray topic. :crosseye:

:tup: x 100

Hey Luke, FWIW, I fit the description(the gay part).

I've met some of my best climbing partners thru this board, so you're off to a good start by posting. Hasn't mattered to me whether they're gay or straight--and it hasn't seemed to matter to them that I'm gay--as long as we have similar standards of safety and have a good time meeting our respective goals on the rock.

I often post up for last minute partners for moderate trad stuff around Index and Leavenworth, so feel free to PM me if you're interested sometime that I'm available. Good luck in the meantime! :wave:

I've met some of my best climbing partners thru this board, so you're off to a good start by posting. Hasn't mattered to me whether they're gay or straight--and it hasn't seemed to matter to them that I'm gay--as long as we have similar standards of safety and have a good time meeting our respective goals on the rock.

I often post up for last minute partners for moderate trad stuff around Index and Leavenworth, so feel free to PM me if you're interested sometime that I'm available. Good luck in the meantime! :wave:

YOU'RE GAY????!!!!!

All those years of wasted hopes and dreams.....

Ummm, yeah. I guess that because I like women, I can't climb with you. um, yeah, ok.

Try Craigslist?

He didn't say he wouldn't climb with anyone that is straight he just posted that he's looking for a gay/bi climber. Why the flaming?

I'm sure he wants to climb with others of the same sexual orientation only because he's tired of listening to the typical gay bashing, homophobic, macho bullshit. I can't blame him for not wanting to be insulted and feeling like he's being judged constantly. It takes a lot of courage to post what he did since society likes to judge him for the way he was born. Good on him for having the balls to post in this forum.

No reason to be a fucking asshole to him.

:tup:

take it from Salathe: vy can't ve chust climb?!?

as long as we have similar standards of safety and have a good time meeting our respective goals on the rock.

... as long as my partner at the time doesn't drop me then they can be whatever the hell they want to be - and they can say whatever the hell they want to say, too, so long as they keep me on belay!!

YOU'RE GAY????!!!!!

Sorry for the letdown. :( I'll still climb with you. :kisss:

Sherri,

You don't want to climb with TTK. He's one of the 80% of people caused by accidents. :laf: (luv that autosig, btw)

Hey, when are we gonna rope up at Castle again? Is it my turn to lead Canary?? :o

YOU'RE GAY????!!!!!

Sorry for the letdown. :( I'll still climb with you. :kisss:

Sherri,

You don't want to climb with TTK. He's one of the 80% of people caused by accidents. :laf: (luv that autosig, btw)

Hey, when are we gonna rope up at Castle again? Is it my turn to lead Canary?? :o

Number 4 child out of 7. You got that right, Bucko!