portland guy wants partner(s) for Rainier.

keving

I'd like to climb Rainier this spring. I'm 48, in fair shape, I've been cycling and telemarking with my spring pass at the resort.

I've been in the mountains a lot but don't have a ton of technical experience. Have climbed Grand Teton several times, Hood, scrambling in Alaska, a couple of guided climbs on glaciated peaks in Bolivia and Ecuador, (summitted Cotopaxi at 19,300 ft.), and I've been trekking at altitude in Nepal.

So if you're looking for someone with the know how to carry out a complex crevasse rescue I am not the guy but I'm quite confident I could climb Rainier.

I am unemployed but I have funds so I am very flexible as far as dates but I will be on a trip to the midwest from may 12 to 18. Hope to hear from someone.

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey,

I'm 48 too. I've climbed Rainier 3 times (2 summits) via different routes. Successful from the Emmons and DC, and turned around near 10K on the Tahoma due to glacier conditions.

I was a climbing friend of Luke Gullberg, who died on Hood last December. I'm planning a climb up Leuthold's couloir this Saturday (may move to next Saturday cause of weather). I wouldn't mind if you joined up. I'd like to meet you before we start discussing a climb of Rainier.

Hit me back if you're interested