Getting around Leavenworth

rocketparrotlet

I was going to head out to Leavenworth tonight via train with Josh for the weekend, but it occured to me that we don't have a car. How is access to the climbs by foot? Does anybody have a link to a map of climbing destinations in Leavenworth to judge distances or suggestions for how else to get around?

-Mark

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Mark,

You could get to some stuff in the Tumwater by foot from town.

It would be a long walk to the Icicle. However, you would probably have very good luck hanging out at the 76 station on the corner and looking for climber cars in the morning - just ask them to give you a lift into the Icicle (if thats where you want to go). That approach often works better than thumbing a ride (although that would probably also work).

A good plan might be to get to 8 Mile Campground in the Icicle. From there, there are a number of crags you could hit within walking distance. Get a copy of the guidebook for an idea of whats around there - Leavenworth Mountain Sports is right on the main drag towards the west end of town. Also, you'd probably have no problem getting someone to give you a lift back to town Sunday afternoon.

Good luck, and if I make it there this weekend and happen to see two young guys that look like they need a ride, I'll stop and give you a lift.

Edited by S1W

Good luck, and if I make it there this weekend and happen to see two young guys that look like they need a ride, I'll stop and give you a lift.

Ditto.

What time does the train arrive in 11worth? I didn't even know the train stopped there.

What about taking bicycles on the train?

Edited by Crillz

We did not go, partly because of this problem, also we heard things were supposed to get crowded, and transportaion would have been around 45$ per person via bus and train.

We didn't go because our ride bailed on us an we couldn't take bikes on the train. The other factors did not change my decision.