Snow creek wall?

Dave S

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I spoke to a dear friend in the employ of the Forest Service who informed me that Midnight Rock is indeed closed for now, pending the successful pairing of the Falco peregrinus.

Snow Creek Wall is open for now, the birds were spotted winging about near the north end of the wall suggesting that they are in the April Fools or Easter tower area.

All this takes me back to my time in the employ of the Sultan of Ryddah of the Al Zahrani teaching the queens english to his son, Prince Fahim.

Quas, the arab sport of falconry, is a tradition beyond the years and the Sultan kept a pair of fine birds.

One day the female of the pair spotted the Sultan's fat siamese cat and the poor feline did not stand a chance of escape. Fortunately the cat's considerable girth kept both firmly on terra firma as the falcon could not lift the rotund feline skyward. Much chaos ensued as both predator and prey, firmly locked together, tore through the palace in a flurry of feathers and fur. The cat managed to escape only after running under the Sultan's bed.

Extracting the siamese from under said bed is another story best left for another time.

[img:left]http://www.hrc.utexas.edu/exhibitions/web/ddd/includes/images/475/395.jpg[/img]

Lord Winchester -

Your online persona and ability to maintain theme are of much interest and entertainment to me.

Thank you.

+1 :tup:

Civility is always in style, though few seem to find it fashionable. Thank you for bringing a little to us here.

Thank you young man, your kindness is a reflection those halcion days when this great game was a gentlemen's pursuit.

With most fond regards,

~Winchester

Lord Albert, I agree wholeheartedly, and I beg your forgiveness for correcting you, but I believe you meant to say "halcyon" days. This is how it is spelled, in the Queen's land and on the vulgar continent we inhabit. It appears that halcion is a sleeping drug, which would make for quite a boring history indeed!

As for the falcons, they did not appear to have success nesting on Snow Creek Wall last year. Late in the season I saw parts of a dead bird looking very much like a falcon near their ledge. I also saw pieces of broken egg. It appears they did not protect the traverse properly.