Guess this climber!!!

TamaraSlade

In a passage from "The Philosophy of Risk" Jeff Connor describes a scene in which a client, who was over-the-top full of himself blathered, "I did this, and I did that" hoping to impress Dougal Haston with his accomplishments. According to a witness Haston "was just standing humming away quietly, and the guy stopped for a while, and Dougal butted in: 'No, tell us some more about how great you are.'"

My god, spray is awesome.

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

next season.

NE Buttress of Slesse,

No matter how annoying you may be, I don't want you to go die. Even though the route has a moderate grade, and in perfect conditions is 'pretty easy' especially to a 5.10 leader at Index. DO NOT try it when the glacier is there and the weather is not BOMBER for a week.... if you fuck up and have to retreat (bad weather most likely) and the glacier is there, it is pretty serious shit. Just my 2 cents...

to find out Marc is gay so I can weasle in on the hottie ;)

Wow, Dane I didn't realize you found me so attractive.. why thank you! :grin:

This thread is so amazing... I can't stop laughing reading all the posts.

Summitchaser, you shouldnt try to pick on guys like Dane that were climbing WI6 with straight shafted mountaineering axes long before you existed... just doesnt work.

I was distracted torturing someone else...

You mean you were distracted torturing someone, Rudy, not someone else. At least, you believe you were torturing someone.

Look in the mirror, Rudy. Who do you see? No one?

Move the mirror down the wall, Rudy.

I am an individual aren't i???? SO there...

next season.

NE Buttress of Slesse,

No matter how annoying you may be, I don't want you to go die. Even though the route has a moderate grade, and in perfect conditions is 'pretty easy' especially to a 5.10 leader at Index. DO NOT try it when the glacier is there and the weather is not BOMBER for a week.... if you fuck up and have to retreat (bad weather most likely) and the glacier is there, it is pretty serious shit. Just my 2 cents...

and tape your hands up for all the splitter cracks

next season.

NE Buttress of Slesse,

and tape your hands up for all the splitter cracks

YES! definitely.. and make sure you bring double to triple rack in the hand size cams...

That is to say, try to keep up.

Oh please, and this from the guy who doesn't know what a Bear is and referred to Archenemy as a "gurl." BTW Sobo, that's a common slang term for a transvestite, crossdresser, or transexual: someone girly who isn't all there on the genetic level. I say old chap, do try and keep up, mmmkay?

That is to say, try to keep up.

Oh please, and this from the guy who doesn't know what a Bear is and referred to Archenemy as a "gurl." BTW Sobo, that's a common slang term for a transvestite, crossdresser, or transexual: someone girly who isn't all there on the genetic level. I say old chap, do try and keep up, mmmkay?

Why do you warlord over me so capriciously? Why? :confused:

Point taken...

Edited by sobo