Investment ideas thread

billcoe

OK fellas, based on the economy, where do you think your money needs to be today for tomorrows best returns? This is where YOU put yours, or where you think it should be if you had any $.

Let me start. Real Estate is almost in range for me again in some areas. Still waiting. Todays lower risk hot speculative play, IMO, which means "In My Opinion" which may not mean jack or shit, is setting up an Everbank account and having your US dollars converted into Chinese Yuan. It's a no interest account, and strictly a play on Yuan appreciation (depreciation if you guess wrong). However, the account is a regular FDIC protected bank account, and if Everbank crashed, your money is as safe as in the corner bank at 2% return.

I see Yuan appreciation in the future, and continued real estate decline. As they cross, I'll sell the Yuan and buy some RE. Maybe 2 years, although a newer condo that is selling for $30,000 with $187 month HUA and renting at $550 (low) - $600.00 would work today if OPM could be fished out to invest in it.

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I dumped a bunch of money into CMG. Stock took off. It's kinda high now, though, not sure it will go much higher. Real estate I'm not that into. I own a rental property, but rents are low right now and home prices in the area are still inflated, imo. I guess in 30 years it will have been worth it (hopefully). At least the tenants are paying the interest.

Are you looking for growth or stability?

Thank you for askin'! Now some of you may have heard this already, but based on what some people on this board are sayin', we've got a whole lot more folks around than we've got money or jobs for. My friends, something has got to be done with these unproductives. They're old, they're unskilled, they're obsolete. On the other hand, consumerism just is not cuttin' the mustard anymore. The middle and working class is just too damn big for its britches: "want, want , want, need, need, need"! Problem is, they just ain't worth the damn money no more, not with outsourcin' and computers and all that. Well my friends, you see the dilemma. I am proposing a revolutionary new way of lookin at this, a new paradigm if you will. We need to decrease these numbers and increase the profits. Bear with me folks, see it...Granny Burgers. See what I mean? We feed them to themselves! No more drain on the economy, no more worrying about "entitlement programs", no need to look for those pesky new centers of capital accumulation and new industries where these people (I hesitate to call them "people" anymore at all) would have to find work. No more Party of No. It's a socioculinary adventure and a step toward sustainability. I'm currently looking for a marketing prospectus and a more friendly term for human flesh, like how pig is "pork", cow is "beef", you know? Anyway, thanks for your time and keep thinkin' for the future.

Don't invest in CCV:

The PPM did not disclose that CCV operated under the name YOLO (You Only Live Once) Cruises, that the affinity group was sexually oriented, that strippers and go-go dancers would be procured to entertain passengers, that investor money would be used to buy insurance for these individuals and that YOLO was run by a woman with whom McGinn was romantically involved.

http://ftalphaville.ft.com/blog/2010/04/20/207791/the-allegedly-nsfw-ponzi/

Want to learn about investment? Read thirty years of shareholder reports for Berkshire Hathaway written by Warren Buffet. Not only does he know how to invest better than anyone on the planet, but he's a great and funny writer to boot.

I'm already covered Fairweather unless you have something specific. I consider that more insurance than investment though. Mountain House #10 tins are the best food stock for long term storage as they have a 25-30 year shelf life....lets see, I'm 56, so 30 years hmmmm, I'll be Beckeys age before it expires.

AAAAAq9ZfCEAAAAAAQTJsA.jpg

I think "things" are investments. Once China revalues the Yuan, coupled with probable inflation and high interest rates - we'll be paying more for all kinds of things. One of the reasons I bought too much climbing gear. cough* rationalization *cough*

Best stock tip I got from a CC.comer was Apple at under $90 a share. Its in the $234 range. They've come a long way since Bill Gates was giving them money to keep their doors open.

OK fellas, based on the economy, where do you think your money needs to be today for tomorrows best returns? This is where YOU put yours, or where you think it should be if you had any $.

Let me start. Real Estate is almost in range for me again in some areas. Still waiting. Todays lower risk hot speculative play, IMO, which means "In My Opinion" which may not mean jack or shit, is setting up an Everbank account and having your US dollars converted into Chinese Yuan. It's a no interest account, and strictly a play on Yuan appreciation (depreciation if you guess wrong). However, the account is a regular FDIC protected bank account, and if Everbank crashed, your money is as safe as in the corner bank at 2% return.

I see Yuan appreciation in the future, and continued real estate decline. As they cross, I'll sell the Yuan and buy some RE. Maybe 2 years, although a newer condo that is selling for $30,000 with $187 month HUA and renting at $550 (low) - $600.00 would work today if OPM could be fished out to invest in it.

buy a couple hundred shares of each of the following on pullbacks, check them from time to time and reinvest the dividends, but leave them alone for 20 or so years. Odds are you'll be happy you did.

MMM,EMR,ABT,BP,INTC,LLTC,TIE,AOB,SYY,SNHY,LU,MEA,FPL,STP,NYB