[TR] Mt. Shuksan - Sulphide Glacier 4/18/2010

Sean Garcia

Trip: Mt. Shuksan - Sulphide Glacier

Date: 4/18/2010

Trip Report:

Trail was patchy snow to about 3000 ft. Snowshoed in from there with snowboard in tow. Pissed rain on us off and on Saturday. Made camp at 4800 ft. No visibility above 5000 ft. Got up Sunday morning (late) to clear skies and solid snow. Started up at about 8:30. Sulphide was pristine. I saw no cracks and the only other tracks were from some skiers who passed our camp about an hour before we set off. Reached the summit pyramid around 1:30. I had second thoughts about the steep snow covered summit, but seeing as how the skiers were nice enough to plow a nice set of stairs into the pyramid, we went for it. Two of us made the top and one guy forgot crampons so he turned back about 100 feet short (probably a wise decision). I took my sweet time coming down from the top since I had to back peddle, but I got it back once I strapped on my snowboard at the base of the pyramid. Sick ride back to base camp, and a fun one through the trees too. Got back to the car around dusk.

• Replies 1
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic