Mystery Bolter West Side Cascades

Checat

In the two photos ya got here all red circled up - I recognize the top reddish rock photo - Where is the second photo from with the bolts on either side of the corner?

2nd to some of the garbage I've seen with plastic climbing holds bolted to real rock your little spire there is as bad as it gets!

Where is that and what are those people on?

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In the two photos ya got here all red circled up - I recognize the top reddish rock photo - Where is the second photo from with the bolts on either side of the corner?

2nd to some of the garbage I've seen with plastic climbing holds bolted to real rock your little spire there is as bad as it gets!

Where is that and what are those people on?

First photo = "The Feathers" at Vantage/Frenchman's Coulee

The li'l spire is at an area called "The Fun Forest" off of I-90 heading east toward Snoqualmie Pass. (Don't that look fun???) :rolleyes: and what you're looking at is about 20 feet of rock.

Uh....I don't see any people in that photo so maybe the fact that this thing is only 20 feet tall is what faked you out.

No fake out - What are they on? As in why would they bolt it! Thats about the most expensive waste of rock I've ever seen. How can they even justify the hardware expensive for a nothing climb?

Challenging the bolts at Frenchmans fries is kind of a tough one. There are so many people that go there that to think of the area without bolts now would be kind of tough. It would be like trying to take away the bolted lines at CofR and still expect to have a good weekend not elbow to elbow in line.

• 2 months later...