April 30-May 2 :: Washington Pass Ski- In

snoboy

Friday: Took Doug and me as long to rappel Prime Rib as it did to climb. Wind and a rope drag seemed to be the theme but it was fun, especially the last few pitches. Thanks to Doug for being a great partner and stringing those two lower pitches into one.

Saturday: Frozen and windy conditions on the way up Kangaroo then variable conditions down Willow Creek. Hardest part was either hitching a ride back to the car or the two trees I hit.

Sunday: Outstanding conditions near Rainy Pass. We went up near Frisco and had a great ski down, then headed up and over a ridge to the north and down to Ann Lake. Fun skiing but should have used sunscreen.

I am sure Feck and company will provide more commentary and pictures.

Thanks to David Parker for arranging a great place for everyone to stay again this year!

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Representing all 23 of the Dougs in attendance, I gotta report that this year's ski-in was a shit ton of fun! What a great crew and fantastic ski conditions. I have been grinning all day dreaming of the last two. Thanks to David and all for putting it on.

We skied Hardy's Open Fly Couloir on Saturday. What an incredible new treat in our awesome playground. I posted some pics in this thread:

Dans Open Fly TR

Sunday toured over Cutthroat Pass from near Rainy Pass with Julie, Michael, Jimbo and Adrian. Nice, nice turns on wind buff powder. Didn't pull the camera out for the glory because the skiing was too good to wanna stop. Sadly, as I stared in disbelief at the horrible style of some of partners - dismounting for simple creek crossings - I was forced to snap a picture of some shameful behavior below Cutthroat lake:

creek_crossing.jpg

Shown here is Jimbo in good style with skis on while Michael wusses out as Julie and Adrian are about to do the same. Except for this minor transgression, the weekend was perfect.

Lastly thanks to cc.com for the portopotty and beer. Ya'll rock!

Edited by Doug_Hutchinson

I stand by our representative's words. Thanks to the organizers, what a cool spot. Times were great. Next year I'll be running a shuttle service to stranded skiers during the ski in to make up the lost karma this year ;)