Bouldering in the icicle or other places

bwrts

Hey all you boulder climbing aficionados!

Tell all your buddies to pick up their cigarette butts and other trash when your out crimping the rocks. (Even when its not yours!!)

Looks bad and leads to more-management.

Thanks and cheers!

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Maybe rat and dirtyleaf are the two biggests stewards of the environment and regulalry lead clean-up volunteers. Or maybe they're assholes and can't just figure the OP wasn't directing it at them personally or implying that all those who pebble wrestle are chain smokers and littering pricks.

My guess is that Bwrts also boulders and as such was seeing lots of trash and thought he'd try and raise awareness about this important issue.

Oh and if him being the "rock police" and making you sick keeps areas from getting closed/regulated or being closed due to widespread fire then I'm all for you getting sick rat.

This is what kills me about the internet and I'm not being any better about it; people treat one another like $hit because they're anonymous. If one of your friends introduced you to bwrts and you all went climbing together and he said, "Look at all these cigarette butts. We should clean some of this up." then you'd say, "Yeah you're right." But since it's online you can treat him like he's being a dick abd ruining your climbing experience.

There is no doubt that the weekend bouldering crowds exhibit proabaly the highest impact on the icicle (and maybe the mounties too).

Cigarette butts, tick marks, bottle caps...

I appreciate bwrts reminding folks to pack that shit out. Just scan your scene before you pack up everyone, take it all, even if you didn't bring it.

baltoro,

your ability to discern sarcasm, sans an emoticon, could use some polishing. i do in fact know this bwrts character and he is undoubtedly laughing at both of us. what really gets me is his "it's all good" attitude, something you thankfully lack. i think it must have something to do with too much good weather, unemployment compensation and a wife that treats him too well.

if you were to ask some locals, they might say i clean up too well.

Respectfully, this is why smoking a pipe promotes a sense of well being and health whilst taking in the sights.

If one finds yourself faltering and in need of rejuvenation,a vigorous coupling with a hearty lass has many of the same curative qualities.

Regular practice of both keeps the heart full of vitality and good humor.

Sage advice for more than one sulking boor in these parts.

Rat

I'm thrilled to hear you guys aren't in fact assholes. I've spent too much time on other social mediaa sites as of late and they're always lightning quick to trounce anyone who sounds like they might actually care about something and heaven forbid they might suggest doing the right thing.

Thanks for cleaning up after yourself and others and I apologize for the quick fused rant.

Respectfully, this is why smoking a pipe promotes a sense of well being and health whilst taking in the sights.

If one finds yourself faltering and in need of rejuvenation,a vigorous coupling with a hearty lass has many of the same curative qualities.

would someone please translate this into English. Thanks

Hell yeah!!! We definitely need more pipe smokers around.