SOLD: Karhu Guide XCD Skis w/Carbon Silvretta

CozensJB

1 Pair of 175cm Karhu Guide XCD skis mounted with Carbon/Ti Silvretta bindings. Karhu guides are essentially AT skis with a fishscaled waxless base under the kicker portion of the ski, like an XC ski, but wider. I mounted them with Silvretta bindings so they'll work with any binding that has a toe and heel bail. I used them for getting into some big ice climbs, so I could ski in my climbing boots. Perfect for Denali or something to that effect. I don't think you can find the guides anymore. Carbon Silvrettas are DIN-releasable, work with any boot has a heel and toe bail, and have a quick-adjust lever to rapidly move between boots. They have three heel lift settings. A review of the skis is here:

http://www.offpistemag.com/permalink.asp?id=227

A review of the bindings is here: http://www.wildsnow.com/backcountry-ski-museum/silvretta-easy-go/silvretta-500-easy-go.html

The skis are about 18 months old, been used about five times. No damage to the base or edges other than a bit of surface rust that rubs off easily. Comes with detachable leashes and custom-fit BD Ascension skins. I'm asking fair market value for these skis given they are mounted, in great shape, with skins, and considering the fact you can't find them easily anymore. Happy to answer questions.

Karhu01.jpgKarhu02.jpgKarhu04.jpgKarhu03.jpg

Edited by CozensJB

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My bad. I'm looking to get between 4-5 hundo for them. they're expensive skis to begin with ($300 skis, $350 bindings, $100 skins, plus mounting and tax) and they're in great shape. Used only a few times for cross-country-type travel.

Also, I forgot to mention the binding size. The bindings are a size "long" which the manufacturer says fit sole lengths from 320-370mm. I wear a size 10.5, or size 44.5 La sportiva Nepal Extremes and the bindings are set on the smallest possible setting to work with those, so that should help you size them up.