• Announcements

• olyclimber

WELCOME TO THE CASCADECLIMBERS.COM FORUMS   02/03/18

We have upgraded to new forum software as of late last year, and it makes everything here so much better!  It is now much easier to do pretty much anything, including write Trip Reports, sell gear, schedule climbing related events, and more. There is a new reputation system that allows for positive contributors to be recognized,  it is possible to tag content with identifiers, drag and drop in images, and it is much easier to embed multimedia content from Youtube, Vimeo, and more.  In all, the site is much more user friendly, bug free, and feature rich!   Whether you're a new user or a grizzled cascadeclimbers.com veteran, we think you'll love the new forums. Enjoy!
Sign in to follow this  
RuMR

great trip to bishop!

highly recommended for kids and families...

My sons learned a lot from failures and successes...

yeah...i'll get them up...

Drew *almost* sent Slow Dance in the happies...he has firmly driven home the point that i can't touch his abilities! ;-)

He did tick a bunch of V5-V8 problems also...

JonO hiked mid 5.10's at Owens and up to V2 bouldering...he's just turned 8...

I'm sooooo psyched/motivated by these kiddos...

Yeah, Bishop's a great family destination. The Happy Boulders also have a really fine collection of easy boulder problems for those whose kids aren't some kinda freakin' prodigy, or for weaksauce old farts too.

we are definitely making a return trip next spring...

So...we should get a kids ropeup going for this summer...

Maybe Squish? Not somewhere ghey though...

I am taking the kiddos (along with my younger brothers) to smith rock in June to climb for the day. That will be my first try with my kids. They are still young......

June...won't that be too chilly that time of year? :rolleyes:

GHEY...

next...

I'll argue that started with the whole "ghey" BS from you awhile back buddy! :laf:

Why do you say "gay" (in which "ghey" is just the equivalent misspelled version like "nigra") when you mean "stupid" anyway? Are you afraid of offending stupid people? Or do you honestly believe there is a branch of climbing that only homosexuals prefer?

Gotta love those big holds and steep problems at the happies, that rock is the coolest on the planet, if they only made that flavor in 100 feet.

hey lucky...do you want me to mail that guidebook stuff back to you?

No, keep the guide, it does not look like I will be going back, I have soo much I want to do and so little time and my old body is running out of steam and can't take the falls any longer.

Sure would like to find sport routes on that kind of rock tho!

So was that old guide still up to date?