Mods/ Off

kevbone

Why is it you lock threads that are just getting going? I mean some of us here dont want to talk about ice tools and rock shoes all day. Having a discussion (no matter how much of a dead horse) is what "chat rooms" are all about...right? I know you have all the power and I don't own the site and all that jazz....but locking the thread simply because YOU think it is a dead horse is lame. IMHO.

So does that mean every IB thread is in jeopardy from here out?

Just asking....

Have a great day.

Bone

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why is it you lock threads that are just getting going? I mean some of us here dont want to talk about ice tools and rock shoes all day. Having a discussion (no matter how much of a dead horse) is what "chat rooms" are all about...right? I know you have all the power and I don't own the site and all that jazz....but locking the thread simply because YOU think it is a dead horse is lame. IMHO.

Just asking....

Have a great day.

Bone

Yeah!!! because I read it when I have had to much to :brew: and I want to rip someones head off with a chain saw(limb bizkit)

I am a liberal redneck ...and there are only a few of us :brew:

Just asking....

Have a great day.

Bone

go eat a bag of bloody dicks, boner-boy

An IB thread is just like masturbation, but much less fun. You already know how its going to end. The OP was looking for info, he got it, job done. Anyone can fill in the rest of the thread, since we've heard it all before time and again. Kevbone tell people to climb it before they have an opinion. Joe will call it an abomination. Raindawg will show up and call for its removal. Choada will make fun of Raindawg's profession. Blah fucking blah. There is nothing new to be said about that route, and all that hot air people spew just contributes to global climate change.

I don't think the mods or the admins here at this site consider it a "chat room" but would rather that it serve a more useful purpose. This site is an important resource and record for alpine climbing in the northwest. The endless bitching about how what I like is the bomb and what you like is such worthless dreck that my mom wouldn't piss on it if was on fire absolutely hinders it from serving any such purpose in the rock climbing world. More than 300 new routes in the brand new Leavenworth guide, how many were reported here? I'm pretty sure the answer is zero. Vapid chat is corrosive to content, but lots of people like it. That's why we have a Spray Forum.

If you wanna repeat yourself some more on the subject, please, have at it in Spray. If you wanna whinge about the impingement on your rights and freedoms, you can do that here too, but if you want to do something about it, go start your own website.