Bolivia

Jim

Still working on the schedule but likely will be in Bolivia from end of June through mid-August, with most of July available for climbing. Having not been there before and never been above 5,000 m, I'm intersted in moderate routes and an intro to the area. Planning a week of aclimatization just hiking before climbing.

Been climbing for 34 yrs, some Alps and Patagonian experience, mostly in Cascades last 20 yrs.

• 4 weeks later...
  • Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

After a week of acclimation and home school it will be a week of warmups in Condorri. Then a week somewhere - trying to figure that out, then packing in for 5 days of rock at Quisma Cruz.

Then treking with me esposa, some cultrual stuff, and then a week in the Amazon before heading back to La Paz for a few days to visit with a friend. Total 8 weeks.

So the first week I'm working on some possible partners but may settle for picking one up down there - week in Quisma Cruz is figured out. Middle week open to suggestions

Pico Shulz and Illampu are technical climbs. Ancohuma, the highest in the area, is moderate; similar in difficulty to the standards in the Condoriri area.

We hired a horse, horse driver, and his kid for the way in, and just a one porter for the way out, but we were in there for 12 days.