Tendon Ropes?

shaoleung

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Monster 7.8mm twins/doubles are hands down the best set of skinny ropes I've ever used. I've owned or heavily used offerings from Beal, Petzl, Bluewater, Mammut, and Sterling.

I am amazed at how much abuse I was able to put my first set through before I had to buy new ones, which I'm using now. The first set survived 2.5 ice/mixed seasons (average about 70 days a season), a 6 week trip to South America, a week trip to Alaska, and two alpine rock seasons.

The dry coating is very very good. I got them stuck (in a pouring waterfall) rapping the sixth pitch of Broken Hearts in Cody and had to walk around to free them. They had almost completely dried out by the time we finished the walk off.

I don't have any experience with the single cords, but highly recommend the twin/doubles.

a few years ago, tendon was at the trade show, presumably looking for direct distribution, dont know where that went. I've got a harness of theirs that is great. I also have a 50m 10.5mm rope, but I never opened it. I have also owned an older (~7 years ago) Lanex branded 9.8mm that was dirt cheap and lasted amazingly. Also have the same Monster 7.8s as Doug, and will almost certainly buy another set when they wear out.

• 10 months later...

I've used the Tendon 9.4 over the last year as have a number of co-workers of mine. They have a great dry treatment, but then get fuzzy fast after that--much faster than mammut, sterling, or metolius in my experience. I've also seen more core shots in them than other rope brands that I've seen in similar usage patterns.