Yo I need a mentor.

Dustin B.

Hey, I am looking for a climbing mentor to help me gain the experience needed to progress onto the big walls. I have done a sememster with NOLS, and I hold a WFR card. I am ok with wilderness climbs and longer approaches (though I am looking for single day climbs for now, or overnighters).

I am a solid belayer, know how to build anchors and place gear (but my gear leading is limited to about 5.6 right now, looking to improve this), I also know basic rescue techniques (belay escapes) and some very basic aid (ascending fixed lines, self belays, clean placements).

I have climbed at Devils Tower, Freemount Canyon, The Needles, and many local crags (eastern wa mostly).

I understand that finding a climbing partner online has its drawbacks, and I would expect a few climbing sessions to get to know you before thinking about doing anything bigger, but I have a strong desire to learn how to safely, cleanly, and efficiently climb big rocks. Thanks for your time and hopefully I can find some climbing partners to help me develop my skills.

I currently am climbing 5.10- face and 5.10+ cracks on toprope/cleaning, but am training and getting better.

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 4 weeks later...