• Announcements

• olyclimber

WELCOME TO THE CASCADECLIMBERS.COM FORUMS   02/03/18

We have upgraded to new forum software as of late last year, and it makes everything here so much better!  It is now much easier to do pretty much anything, including write Trip Reports, sell gear, schedule climbing related events, and more. There is a new reputation system that allows for positive contributors to be recognized,  it is possible to tag content with identifiers, drag and drop in images, and it is much easier to embed multimedia content from Youtube, Vimeo, and more.  In all, the site is much more user friendly, bug free, and feature rich!   Whether you're a new user or a grizzled cascadeclimbers.com veteran, we think you'll love the new forums. Enjoy!
Sign in to follow this  
DPS

Partners wanted for easy climbs - Seatte area

Hello,

I am looking for partners in the Seattle area who are interested in doing some easy climbs this spring/summer. I am recovering from a serious illness so I currently have zero fitness and I would like to ease back into it.

I am thinking that there are may be some folks new to climbing who would be happy doing easy routes. If you are brand spanking new to the game I am happy to do some instruction. My garage could double for Second Ascent's warehouse so I can provide all the group gear. Also, the elderly or infirm might be interested as well.

Cragging, glacier climbs, and alpine rock climbing is all good; just so long as it is easy. Some ideas I had are The Tooth, Mt Baker, cragging at Leavenworth or North Bend, easy stuff at Washington Pass.

If interested please email bighurtbob@hotmail.com.

Thanks,

Dan

Potentially interested - I may need to have knee surgery this summer though. If not, it means the rehab on the knee will have worked, and I'd be down for easy stuff.

After you get fit again can you drag my sorry butt up some mountain?

Just name the time, Dan. I have an erratic schedule this summer with the new job n' all, but I'd definitely make time with enough advance notice. Let me know, and glad you're on the mend.

-Chad

Thanks everyone! I feel I am about %75 better and am still experiencing some nasty symptoms but my enegy is coming back and day trips are looking like a posibility very soon.

Danno, we still have to do a rematch on NF Index. October again? This time, let's bring water. You bring the machete.

Edited by rob

Sounds good, but this time you bring the intestinal parasite.

Hey Dan:

I think I fit the elderly category - but actually have been in a recovery mode also. So some summer cragging with short approaches might be just what the doctor ordered. I'll keep in touch, also available mid-week.

James :brew:

give me a shout if you want to do Leavenworth days Dan. i'm pretty busy, but hopefully we could make something work!