[TR] Leavenworth - R&D 4/4/2010

jcp

Trip: Leavenworth - R&D

Date: 4/4/2010

Trip Report:

I brought a friend out to Leavenworth for Easter. As we drove through Steven's Pass I was getting discouraged. The weather report said clouds but no precip, yet it was definitely snowing. As we approached the icicle, it was snowing lightly, so we drove on.

My buddy hasn't climbed in 10 years, and only did a very small bit back then, so this was going to be a bit of an adventure for him. We got up to the base, and I roped up and headed off. I had never been on this route, and was a bit surprised to feel the big block move when I pulled on it on P1.

P2 was very straightforward, and no pro was placed until the anchor. P3 was a bit exciting since there was water running down the entrance to the chimney, and a bit on the walls of the chimney. It dried up on P4 and was a fun finish. We went up the crack to the right, then finished up the crack above. The final pitch was a full 60m rope length.

All in all it was cold but fun, and great to see a friend enjoy getting out on some rock. The snow fell intermittently, and gave it all more of an alpine feel.

Gear Notes:

60m rope, standard rack

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic