Marble mtn sno-park conditions? st. helens.

Brock

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

the sno-park should be plowed as that is what the over-priced washington sno-park pass is suppose to pay for. i am sure there are some sledders whove been waiting and waiting to get their rigs out in the area so im sure they've been happy to have the snow level finally drop and get access there too.

april 9th listing on forest service web page says that due to snow the road is closed ~6 miles from marble mnt snow park--you can only partially get up 83.

ahhhh... i see WA only services snoparks until the 31st of march. bet they saved a bundle this year with low snow. hope so at least.

Edited by Water

The way I understand it there is a specified amount alocated to each sno-park. When it is used up, no more plowing. It is a private contractor that does the work at MSH. $43 for a season, $21 for a day pass! Those of us in SW Washington are paying to keep the I-90 coridor open. I will try to get a current road report.

I called and they said they only contract the plowing until the end of March. In April it's up to good old chemistry to plow the roads. As of last weekend you ARE allowed to "try it" if you think your vehicle can make it up the road. But if you get stuck you'll be the asshole who's blocking the road.

The way I understand it there is a specified amount alocated to each sno-park. When it is used up, no more plowing. It is a private contractor that does the work at MSH. $43 for a season, $21 for a day pass! Those of us in SW Washington are paying to keep the I-90 coridor open. I will try to get a current road report.

that's why it is so cool that the Oregon Sno Park pass works there as well. And the Oregon one is WAYYYYYYYY cheaper. :wazup: